The Security Engineer is responsible for engineering, configuring, and maintaining all of the Bank’s security infrastructure, software, and services. Participates in technical research and development to enable continued innovation within the Bank’s deployed technology. Must ensure that system hardware, operating systems, software systems, and related procedures are aligned with IT strategy and security standards.
- Security Administration and Engineering: Continually evaluates and provides recommendations for enhancements for all deployed security technologies, including Watchguard Firewalls, Zscaler, Microsoft security services, and physical security systems. This also includes the development and maintenance of all security related policies and procedures.
- Network and Systems Support: Ensures the network and systems run efficiently by maintaining software updates, monitoring sever activity, and auditing server security. Performs regular security monitoring to identify possible intrusions and cyber threats. Prepares threat monitoring and detection controls. Works with outside vendors to repair/recover hardware and/or software failures. Provides technical support to the installation and maintenance of the Bank’s LAN/WAN systems.
- Technology Client Service: Develops relationships across the Bank to collaboratively identify and pursue opportunities to enhance the Bank’s technology systems, products, and services. Collaborates with CTO/CISO on all matters of security. Serves as backup for end-user and application support. Provides the highest level of client service to internal clients that is defect-free, timely, and demonstrates care.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time without notice.
Expectations, Skills & Qualifications:
- A role model for our core values: Do the Right Thing, Get Stuff Done (G.S.D), One Team, and Give Generously
- Demonstrated commitment to timely, defect free and caring customer service
- Ability to provide prompt, professional and reliable technical support to employees and clients
- Maintains awareness of technology trends and security threats in banking
- Knowledgeable of bank policies, procedures, and regulations; especially the Bank’s IT security policies, standards and procedures.
- Able to perform at a high level in a fast-paced environment
- Flexibility to change in a growing organization
- Proficient at Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint; strong technical ability
- Possesses the ability to meet critical deadlines
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrate a high level of organization and attention to detail
- Able to prioritize and manage multiple projects/tasks
- Demonstrate a collaborative work style and respect for others
- Is accountable for demonstrating compliance with the Bank Secrecy Act, Privacy of Consumer Financial Information and all other federal and state rules and regulations as it pertains to their position at the bank.
- Most work is completed during regular business hours. Occasionally, with new system upgrades or server fixes, work must be completed during odd hours of the night or on weekends.
Security related certifications (e.g. CISSP) and 3-5 years of experience in information security (security engineer or similar).
Additional Preferred Experience:
1-3 years in Banking and experience in working within a Microsoft environment, with VMware, Zscaler, and Watchguard Firewall.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, use hands to type, carry, handle and feel objects, reach with hands and arms, talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and more with assistance. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception in the window environment and the ability to adjust focus.
- This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
- Ability to work in tight spaces such as under desks and in network closets.
- Local travel will be required; must have proof of and maintain a valid driver’s license and insurance to commute between bank locations
*The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.