MISSSEY, works to prevent girls and gender-expansive youth from ever entering circumstances of sexual exploitation and violence. We also support young people who are experiencing exploitation to exit. Once they’ve exited, we partner with them so that they may avoid re-entering sexually exploitative circumstances and live free of harmful transactional relationships. As an organization, we value healing, youth voice, integrity, and relationships. Our service model is focused on healing through trauma-informed, survivor-centered, and youth-focused approaches. We recognize the crucial voices of survivors in facilitating healing in victims of commercial sexual exploitation and the value of young people empowering other young people. Our work with youth is a partnership, helping them transition from victim to survivor to leader, encouraging their long-term stability and success in whatever path they choose. MISSSEY believes that with the right opportunities and support, youth can overcome the circumstances of their exploitation and thrive.
For more information about MISSSEY, please go to our website at www.misssey.org.
The Case Manager provides immediate-needs-based case management services to youth who are vulnerable to or have experienced commercial sexual exploitation. Under the supervision of the Integrated Services Manager, Case Manager is responsible for engaging participants in short-term, immediate needs assessment and implementing and maintaining MISSSEY’s case management services, including resource brokerage, engaging with families, collaborating across systems, and advocacy, as a part of a service delivery team. The goal is to engage all participants and assist in stabilization, systems navigation, and referrals to longer-term care, utilizing strong skills in motivational interviewing. The Case Manager works within the limitations of the organization’s resources and in compliance with grants, contracts, and agency policies and procedures.
The ideal candidate for this position would:
- Have a minimum of 2 years experience providing case management services
- Have solid experience working with youth of color who have experienced homelessness, gender-based violence, trafficking and abuse
- Be highly skilled in youth development, crisis intervention, and social emotional learning
- Be a continual learner deeply invested in women and girls
- Have an understanding of addressing the bio-psychosocial, emotional, educational, vocational, and functional needs of young people
- Be skilled at de-escalation, restorative practices, interpersonal relationship and resiliency building, and harm reduction theory and practice
- Have the ability to co-create a strong, reflective, highly productive, and caring culture
Position title: Case Manager
Classification: Full-time, hourly, non-exempt, in person, evening and weekend hours required (rotation)
Compensation: $51,000k-$58,000k annual
- Premium Medical/Dental/Optometry
- Coverage of work-related travel, mileage, and parking
- PTO (paid time off)
- EAP (employee assistance program)
- Family and pet bereavement
- Employee retirement and employee match (SIMPLE IRA)
- Generous Holiday Calendar
- Including – 2 weeks starting vacation & 1 week paid winter holiday during Christmas week
For more information about MISSSEY, please visit our website www.misssey.org. MISSSEY will only review applications that have an uploaded cover letter and resume.
To see the full job description, please visit our website https://misssey.org/job-opportunities/.
Due to the volume of candidates, we will be unable to contact each candidate individually. If you are being considered for the position, you will be contacted. We are unable to accept phone calls or walk-ins. MISSSEY is an equal opportunity employer.
NON-DISCRIMINATION POLICY: MISSSEY DOES NOT DISCRIMINATE IN ANY PROGRAM, ACTIVITY, OR IN EMPLOYMENT ON THE BASIS OF AGE, CREED, SEX, RACE, ETHNIC BACKGROUND, MARITAL OR VETERAN STATUS, NATIONAL ORIGIN, DISABILITY, SEXUAL ORIENTATION, OR RELIGION. SURVIVORS AND WOMEN OF COLOR (TRANS INCLUSIVE) ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY