About Morphic Therapeutic
Morphic Therapeutic is a biopharmaceutical company developing a new generation of oral integrin therapies for the treatment of serious chronic diseases, including autoimmune, cardiovascular and metabolic diseases, fibrosis and cancer. In collaboration with AbbVie, Janssen and Schrödinger, Morphic is advancing its pipeline and discovery activities using its proprietary MInT technology platform which leverages the Company’s unique understanding of integrin structure and biology. For more information, visit www.morphictx.com.
Morphic is advancing both partnered and fully-owned oral integrin therapeutic candidates with the initial clinical trials beginning in the 2020. Our immediate focus is on the areas where the clinical activity of antibody inhibitors of integrins is precedented, thus enabling a rapid path to clinical proof-of-concept. Morphic Therapeutic is located in the AstraZeneca BioHub in Waltham, MA. We are seeking a highly talented and motivated individual to join our culture of teamwork, craftsmanship, tenacity, compassion, and integrity.
We are looking for a highly energetic and organized individual to orchestra operations of the labs at Morphic Therapeutic. The successful candidate will assure a safe, compliant, and efficient laboratory. Must be self-motivated and able to effectively communicate with multiple lab members. Comfort working in a lab setting is essential.
Essential Job Functions:
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Oversee the development, planning, and implementation of environmental, health and safety policies; develop procedures (chemical safety, shipping, IACUC, ergonomics, illness, and injury prevention, and building safety) used throughout the company.
• Ensure compliance with federal, state, and local regulations pertaining to environmental safety and handle all contact with appropriate agencies.
• Oversee licensed hazardous and radioactive waste disposal and monitors waste handling.
• Develop and oversees company training programs for employees in areas such as compliance training, lab/plant inspection, hazardous material handling, emergency response, industrial hygiene, and life safety.
• Be the point of contact for emergency personnel and manage workers compensation program administration.
• Ensure appropriate corrective action is taken where health and safety hazards exist.
• Select, develop, and evaluate personnel to ensure the efficient operation of the function.
• Collaborate with research leadership, researchers, and assistants.
• Orchestra lab safety and facilities in the company.
• Familiarity with lab environment including laboratory safety protocols.
• 10+ years of laboratory experience in pharma or CRO.
• 8+ years in a supervisory or management role.
• Bachelor’s degree in life sciences field.
Morphic Therapeutic is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing an environment that maximizes our employees’ development and achievement goals. We strive to treat each employee as an individual, as we seek to foster a spirit of teamwork to help change patients’ lives. In addition to a competitive compensation and benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision coverage, a 401K and a generous vacation and holiday schedule.