Starting Pay: $19.25 per hour
Status: Year-Round Hourly (Non-Exempt)
Food and Beverage employees at Arapahoe Basin are committed to creating a day worth repeating for our guests ensuring “Legendary” service and food quality throughout our Food and Beverage outlets.
As a Sous Chef at Arapahoe Basin, you will help manage the day-to-day operations of our kitchens and will help train other cooks on cooking methods, use of kitchen equipment and company standards of quality.
This position is also responsible for making food items for customers using advanced food preparation skills in all of our various kitchen roles.
At A-Basin, we look to be thoughtful, creative, and energetic and we are known not only for our A-mazing skiing/ riding but also for our A-mazing Food and Beverage options.
We are like a family here at A-Basin. Apply now and come join our Food and Beverage Family!
Benefits and Perks for this position include:
- Unlimited skiing/riding at Arapahoe basin and 20 other Colorado ski areas and resorts.
- Health, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance for full-time employees beginning on the 1st of the month following date of hire.
- 401 (k) for eligible employees.
- Paid time Off for all full-time employees
- End of Season Bonus
- A shift meal on each day working.
- Much more! Check out all of our perks and benefits here!
- Act as kitchen MOD in the absence of the Executive Chef.
- Assist kitchen management with training and management of lower-level cooks.
- Trains & supervises all employees in the kitchen operations.
- Help in the preparation of all food menus
- Produce high quality, consistent food dishes.
- Ensure that the kitchen operates in a timely way that meets our quality standards
- Resourcefully solve any issues that arise and seize control of any problematic situation
- Manage and train kitchen staff, establish working schedule and assess staff’s performance
- Ensures a first-in, first-out food rotation system and verifies all food products are properly dated and organized for quality assurance
- Ensure all staff members adhere to culinary standards and regulations
- Order supplies to stock inventory appropriately
- Comply with and enforce sanitation regulations and safety standards
- Maintain a positive and professional approach with coworkers and customers
- Responsible for meeting budgeted percentages of food cost and labor every month.
- Responsible for counting and inputting of monthly inventory
- Holds staff accountable for operational standards including attendance, grooming, task list, and overall conduct/ service level disciplinary responsibilities up to terminations for all kitchen employees.