Salary Range: $50,440 -$73,320
Status: Year-Round Salary (Exempt)
Food and Beverage employees at Arapahoe Basin are committed to creating a day worth repeating for our guests ensuring “Legendary” service and food quality throughout our Food and Beverage outlets. As a Sous Chef at Arapahoe Basin, you will help manage the day-to-day operations of our kitchens and will help train other cooks on cooking methods, use of kitchen equipment and company standards of quality. This position is also responsible for making food items for customers using advanced food preparation skills in all of our various kitchen roles.
At A-Basin, we look to be thoughtful, creative, and energetic and we are known not only for our A-mazing skiing/ riding but also for our A-mazing Food and Beverage options.
We are like a family here at A-Basin. Apply now and come join our Food and Beverage Family!
Benefits and Perks for this position include:
- Unlimited skiing/riding at Arapahoe Basin and 20 other Colorado ski areas and resorts.
- Health, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance for full-time employees beginning on the 1st of the month following date of hire.
- 401 (k) for eligible employees.
- Paid Time Off for all full-time employees
- End-of-Season Bonus
- A shift meal on each day working.
- Much more! Check out all of our perks and benefits here!
- Act as kitchen MOD in the absence of the Executive Chef.
- Assist kitchen management with training and management of lower-level cooks.
- Trains & supervises all employees in the kitchen operations.
- Help in the preparation of all food menus
- Produce high-quality, consistent food dishes.
- Ensure that the kitchen operates in a timely way that meets our quality standards
- Resourcefully solve any issues that arise and seize control of any problematic situation
- Manage and train kitchen staff, establish working schedule and assess staff’s performance
- Ensures a first-in, first-out food rotation system and verifies all food products are properly dated and organized for quality assurance
- Ensure all staff members adhere to culinary standards and regulations
- Order supplies to stock inventory appropriately
- Comply with and enforce sanitation regulations and safety standards
- Maintain a positive and professional approach with coworkers and customers
- Responsible for meeting budgeted percentages of food cost and labor every month.
- Responsible for counting and inputting monthly inventory
- Holds staff accountable for operational standards including attendance, grooming, task list, and overall conduct/ service level disciplinary responsibilities up to terminations for all kitchen employees.
- Management Experience preferred – 2 years min.
- Culinary Degree - preferred
- Computer knowledge – MS office, Excel, purchasing
- Advanced knife skills and knowledge to use all kitchen equipment.
- Advanced knowledge of cooking methods and food identification.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task.
- Work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
- Maintain consistency and quality of similar tasks throughout an 8-hour shift.
- Maintain awareness of your surroundings at all times.
- Use full range of body motion: bend, twist, kneel, push, pull and lift up to 75 lbs.
- Stand and walk for 8 hours.
- Able to walk up and down stairs throughout shift.
- Withstand high altitude conditions at all times.
- Available to work weekends and holidays.
- Highly responsible & reliable
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work cohesively as part of a team
- Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times
- You will work almost 100% of the time in a kitchen in a high-altitude environment. Some outside work in a cold and snowy environment is possible on any given day. Most work is performed in a highly trafficked area while working closely with other kitchen employees. Riding a chairlift may be required for certain work locations. Use of utensils such as knives, cooking devices such as fryers or cleaning tools such as mops, is frequent.