We seek a Program Manager to coordinate efforts between the homeless and workforce systems to make system-wide and provider-level improvements to best serve for jobseekers who also experience homelessness and housing instability in Detroit. More intentional and institutionalized coordination is necessary between employment and housing service providers in Detroit, and this dedicated position would identify and execute opportunities to increase and strengthen employment pathways for individuals experiencing and/or exiting homelessness. We seek an individual with a deep understanding and connections to the homeless and housing insecurity system who can bring their expertise to the workforce system. The role also requires experience managing teams, meetings, and projects, and in managing and analyzing data. We hope that this individual also has experience working in and connections to Detroit.
The Program Manager will be responsible for managing the overall implementation efforts of our alignment efforts, including: managing partnerships between government and community partners, implementing referral processes between the employment and housing systems, training staff to be cross-sector experts, and managing a comprehensive system for monitoring and analyzing customer information. The position is a one and a half year full-time grant funded position and will report to the Director of Systems Alignment.
- Develop and maintain a deep understanding of the major systems serving jobseekers experiencing homelessness and housing insecurity —homeless services and workforce development
- Coordinate with workforce and homeless system management to train client-facing staff, create and implement referral process and identify opportunities for better alignment
- Work with workforce Human-Centered Design coordinator to integrate framework, where appropriate, into cross-system alignment efforts
- Facilitate recommendations for improvements in the connections between the homelessness and workforce development systems; and where appropriate, public social service systems
- Manage relationships with cross-sector partner organizations and build networks for information sharing; cultivate and engage new stakeholders as needed
- Coordinate operations between city government and community partners related to housing and employment services
- Convene and staff a cross-systems working group of key stakeholders that is responsible for guiding this collaborative work
- Identify and facilitate cross-system training opportunities Train both housing and workforce services staff on how to serve customers who could benefit from multiple programs
- Negotiate data-sharing and cost-sharing agreements with partner organizations
- Manage integrated data systems to better understand the experiences of customers and to measure progress towards strategic goals
- Participate in the development of related reports and presentations
- Ensure this work is broadly inclusive with a focus on racial equity
- Support efforts to align and pursue additional resources, such as funding or technical assistance
- Work with the Director of Systems Alignment to identify opportunities to partner with public social services to better serve this population