About Morphic Therapeutic
Morphic Therapeutic is a biopharmaceutical company developing a new generation of oral integrin therapies for the treatment of serious chronic diseases, including autoimmune, cardiovascular and metabolic diseases, fibrosis and cancer. In collaboration with AbbVie, Janssen and Schrödinger, Morphic is advancing its pipeline and discovery activities using its proprietary MInT technology platform which leverages the Company’s unique understanding of integrin structure and biology. For more information, visit www.morphictx.com.
Morphic is advancing both partnered and fully-owned oral integrin therapeutic candidates with the initial clinical trials beginning in the 2020. Our immediate focus is on the areas where the clinical activity of antibody inhibitors of integrins is precedented, thus enabling a rapid path to clinical proof-of-concept. Morphic Therapeutic is located in the AstraZeneca BioHub in Waltham, MA. We are seeking a highly talented and motivated individual to join our culture of teamwork, craftsmanship, tenacity, compassion, and integrity.
Associate Director, Translational Sciences will establish and lead the Cell and Tissue Imaging function at Morphic Therapeutic to support biomarker and target discovery/validation. The successful candidate will be a skilled team player who is able to work in a highly collaborative function, working at the interface between research and development. Candidates should have experience in sample preparation and imaging techniques and a degree in underlying biologic pathways.
Essential Job Functions:
· Display Morphic core values of craftsmanship, tenacity, teamwork, integrity, and compassion.
· Experience in preparing samples for analyses including tissue sectioning, fixation and staining to allow for effective contracting of these activities to 3rd-party vendors.
· Skilled in antibody selection and validation for various imaging methods.
· Perform imaging techniques (e.g., immunohistochemistry, immunocytochemistry, immunofluorescence, in situ hybridization, multiplexing).
· Maintain instrumentation and monitor for relevant new technology.
· Use software for scanning, image acquisition and quantification.
· Help to maintain organized sample library/repository of relevant samples for various diseases.
· Collaborate with academic labs.
· Outsource and manage biomarker imaging methods and method validations by transferring to contract labs.
· Preparation of presentations, reports and publications of results.
· PhD with 5+ or MSc with 10+ years of imaging experience in academia or biotech/pharma with a degree in biology or related fields.
· Flexible, collaborative and able to thrive in a fast-paced biotech environment.
· Able to work independently in troubleshooting experiments and show curiosity and sophistication in experimental design.
· Experience in histology including tissue sample preparation.
· Extensive hands-on IHC experience, including chromogenic and fluorescent staining, along with multiplex immunofluorescence assay development and validation.
· Experience with imaging analysis (e.g., Visiopharm, Halo) and data analysis software (e.g., Excel, Prism).
· Strong interest in biomarker discovery, characterization, method validation and application in clinical studies is essential.
· Prior experience in immuno-oncology, fibrosis or immunology.
· Experience in immuno-oncology and application of IHC/tissue imaging biomarkers in clinical development preferred.
· Experience with in situ hybridization or multiplex immunofluorescence staining and associated analysis (e.g., Vectra Polaris) not required but a plus.
· Experience in other imaging methods (eg. RNAscope) or multiplex analysis of protein expression in tissues (eg. multiplex ion beam imaging, mass cytometry, spatial proteomics) would be a plus.
Morphic Therapeutic is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing an environment that maximizes our employees’ development and achievement goals. We strive to treat each employee as an individual, as we seek to foster a spirit of teamwork to help change patients’ lives. In addition to a competitive compensation and benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision coverage, a 401K and a generous vacation and holiday schedule.