This position is based in our Tampa office located on beautiful Rocky Point. Only local candidates and those willing to relocate will be considered.
All parties authorized to work in the US without sponsorship are encouraged to apply. No sponsorship provided.
Trellance is the leading provider of data, analytics, and business intelligence solutions to financial institutions. Organizations use its technology and consulting services to meet the consumer finance expectations of today’s digital world, one that is increasingly driven by artificial intelligence and machine learning. The company’s patented enterprise data platform, Trellance M360, is the enabling engine behind digital transformation and member experience. Trellance was founded in 1989, and its Tampa headquarters features a modern office space with panoramic water and city views, covered parking, onsite car detailing, and a café. The company offers attractive compensation; medical, dental, and vision benefits; 401k with matching plus profit-sharing; and many more tools and resources.
The Director of Brand Strategy has total ownership of the Trellance brand and is responsible for overseeing marketing initiatives, brand communication, event participation, and media relations initiatives to create, maintain and increase brand awareness and loyalty.
- Evolve the brand so that its essence comes through clearly by creating a consistent brand voice and personality, allowing audiences to quickly understand whom we serve and how.
- Oversee the brand planning and management process, creating a consistent and compelling brand that instills trust and confidence in internal and external stakeholder groups.
- Partner with senior leaders to create the assets and distribution strategies that shape and communicate the company’s strategic narrative, vision, and mission.
- Identify and recommend brand and business drivers that build customer satisfaction, loyalty, and advocacy for the company’s brand.
- Coordinate budget management with marketing and revenue leaders to ensure appropriate spend categories and amounts, general cost containment, and return on investment.
- Occasionally conduct brand research or surveys, measuring customer satisfaction, promotional propensity, brand awareness, brand recognition, or brand recall as needed.
- Advise employees and client-facing teams on methods and techniques to connect with external stakeholders, helping employees represent the company as a brand ambassador.
- Positively influence Trellance’s public perception by managing and disseminating relevant information about Trellance to the public. Leverage the appropriate advertising to promote the Trellance brand.
- Manage all marketing activities to help support existing client retention, loyalty, and advocacy. Helps create brand evangelizing opportunities from our current clients.
- Organizes, promotes, and delivers memorable experiences through our participation in conferences and/or promotional events.
- Update and digitally store company brand assets and master files for both controlled access and general employee distribution.
- Manage a growing corporate marketing team, consisting of event marketing, communications, and partnership (channel) marketing, as well as managing agencies to support website and content/graphics initiatives.
- Other duties as assigned.
Minimum Education/Experience: Bachelor’s degree (BA or BS) from an accredited college or university plus a minimum of four (4) years of experience in the related field preferred; alternatively, a high school diploma or equivalent plus a minimum of eight (8) years of experience in the related field.
Company / Industry Knowledge:
- Communication, Advertising, and Brand Planning/Strategy management experience with quantifiable achievements at B2B technology, software, or data analytics company is preferred.
- Credit union, banking, or financial institution experience is desirable.
- A team player and natural leader with the ability to lead brand strategy.
- Demonstrated ability to build and manage a well-rounded corporate branding and communications team.
- Curious and insightful while being able to offer a unique perspective that guides brand and creative direction.
- Ability to work closely with creative media and analytics to influence innovative and effective work.
- Compelling storyteller, both verbally and in writing. The kind of person others look to for ideas and inspiration.
- Able to take direction from written or spoken ideas and convert them seamlessly into images, layouts, and other designs.
- Experience developing cross-channel strategies (Including digital and social).
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Strong relationship management skills - both internal and client-facing.
- Entrepreneurial spirit.
Computer Skills: Proficiency with Adobe creative solutions, HTML, website content management tools (CMS) such as WordPress and HubSpot is a plus. Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite with Click Dimensions or comparable CRM software solution. Knowledge of HubSpot highly desirable, or similar marketing automation platform.
Other Skills: Adaptive design eye and skill. Ability to absorb and apply constructive criticism from peers and clients. Strong organizational skills. Attentive to details and accuracy. Able to prioritize tasks and handle multiple assignments simultaneously and manage to own deadlines. Able to work independently and be flexible and adaptable in a changing environment. Strong relationship skills and ability to interact with all levels of the organization.
Language Ability: Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Excellent customer service skills. Ability to read, analyze, and interpret data and reports. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers and internal clients. Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedures.