Job Title: Sous Chef
Status: Full Time
Reports to: Executive Chef
Customary Days: Sunday - Saturday
Customary Hours: Varies to include evenings, holidays, and extended hours as business requires
Contribute to the success of the culinary function by assisting the Executive Chef with the daily Back of House Operations of tesori. Support the brand by executing creative culinary solutions that position Applause as an industry leader.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversee and manage line cooks and supervise the exposition line.
- Manage labor reporting, and adjust work schedules according to the needs of the business.
- Conduct inspections of Kitchen for cleanliness and food preparation quality.
- Check line for assistance during service, and maintain quality control.
- Assist with the development, implementation, and maintenance of Kitchen Management policies and procedures to improve operating efficiency.
- Assist with Daily Prep List to include but not limited to: butchering, sauce making, and specials. Update prep and order lists when menu changes.
- Implement new menu items.
- Assist other Kitchen departments as needed.
- Purchase and inventory Restaurant food/supplies according to company policy.
- Expedite service to ensure customer orders are processed promptly and accurately.
- Oversee cleanliness and organization of Kitchen. Manage the closing of Kitchen to include but not limited to: stations cleaned; coolers locked; all station cutting boards washed; other cutting boards soaked overnight; all stoves cleaned; pilot lights checked; back line cleaned; and all meat and seafood properly stored.
- Develop and maintain purveyor relationships.
- Assist Executive Chef in menu development.
- Perform other relevant duties as required.
Education and Experience: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Culinary Arts or a related industry preferred.
- Demonstrated ability in using Aloha POS system.
Essential Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must work well with others.
- Strong computer skills that include proficiency with MS Office applications and Aloha POS systems.
- Must possess strong culinary, organizational and production skills
- Dependable and responsible.
Ability to read, write and speak English proficiently. Bilingual skills preferred.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential function.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear.
- Frequently required to stand, walk, sit, use hands to feel; reach with hand and arms, and stoop, bend, kneel or crouch. Constant standing throughout the shift is required.
- Ability to remain stationary for long periods of time, up to 6 hours in length.
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision requirements include the ability to see at close range, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- At times, may require more than 40 hours per week to perform the essential duties of the position.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- May work in extreme heat and cold (non-weather and weather).
- May work in wet conditions (non-weather and weather).
- Noise level is low to moderate.
- May work near toxic/caustic chemical and with fumes or airborne particles.
- Will work near moving or mechanical parts.