Wayside Publishing is a progressive developer of world language programs, resources, and materials for middle and high schools across the United States. We believe inspired, empathetic learnings can change the world. We partner with educators to craft transformative texts and digital tools that engage students and foster successful communication and understanding across cultures. If you seek a varied and fast-paced environment and possess a strong mix of applicable skills, we’d like to hear from you.
About this job
As a Business Analyst, you’ll be the translator of our stakeholders’ needs to the teams building our amazing LMS platform, the Learning Site. The Learning Site provides engaging and equitable online tools and resources that foster active learning allows for innovation/personalization and builds a global community. To do this, we need to understand what matters most to teachers and how our platform plays a major role in their classrooms.
Our Business Analysts at Wayside Publishing are amazing problem-solvers; they take the highly complex and make it straightforward and understandable; they work within and between teams to ensure cohesive and holistic feature development. Duties Include
- Being the authoritative source of information within the Learning Site and how teachers, students, and other end users engage with the platform.
- Eliciting and documenting detailed requirements and user stories for the Learning Site.
- Documenting processes and mapping interaction points with the Learning Site.
- Facilitating requirements gathering workshops and bringing together stakeholders across departments to understand the pain points they are trying to alleviate, the timelines driving their request, & the risks that should be considered.
- Diving into the details of a problem while retaining a broad view of what our team and platform are seeking to achieve.
- Negotiating and resolving requirement conflicts, inconstancies, and dependency blockers for our developers and UI/UX designers.
- Finding new concepts easy to understand and having the tenacity to keep asking difficult questions until clarity is achieved.
- Working in partnership with the Product Manager and IT Manager to ensure platform requirements are delivered to the right quality and meet our customers’ needs.
- Documenting, creating, and maintaining specifications and acceptance criteria to support our developers and quality assurance analysts.
- Collaborating with business and product owners helping to define iterations that align with MVP timelines.
- Other duties as assigned.
- We value diversity. Brilliant business analysts come from all backgrounds, united around their ability to build relationships, communicate, understand pain points, problem-solve, and ultimately help engineering teams deliver value to stakeholders.
- 5+ years of work experience as a Business Analyst or equivalent role focused on defining and shaping requirements for software products/technology.
- Skilled at translating business needs into technical requirements, enabling engineering teams to develop solutions iteratively.
- Passionate about working with stakeholders across Wayside Publishing and its customers to ensure high levels of engagement and knowledge sharing.
- Great data analysis and visualization using SQL to yield insights that inform strategic decision-making.
- Proficient at producing visuals to meet the needs of an audience (i.e., high-level conceptual visuals, low-level detailed visuals, and everything in between).
- Enjoy working on multiple projects in an Agile environment.
- Preferred: Experience in Education or EdTech industry with working knowledge of SIS rostering, LMS integrations, WCAG/accessibility, and/or cybersecurity requirements.
When submitting your application, please include a concise cover letter that speaks to your philosophy on business analysis, and why this role is the next best step in your career.
We believe that traditional hiring policies can hurt the most marginalized people in society, including people of color, people from working-class backgrounds, women, and LGBTQ people. Because we believe that these communities must be centered in the work we do, we strongly encourage applications from people with these identities or who are members of other marginalized communities.
NO PHONE CALLS OR RECRUITERS PLEASE