Position: Bilingual/Bicultural Senior Community Workers (Vietnamese)
Program: Positive Solutions Program
Classification: Non-Exempt, Part-Time (20 hours per week)
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Reports to: Program Manager, Positive Solutions
Division: Adult Mental Health Services
The Positive Solutions is a program funded by County of San Diego, Mental Health Services Act, Prevention and Early Intervention. The overall goal of the Positive Solutions is to provide outreach, and mental health prevention and early intervention to homebound, isolated seniors residing in North County and Downtown San Diego. Under the direction of the Program Manager of the Positive Solutions, Bilingual/Bicultural Senior Community Worker will ride-along with meal drivers as needed to assist in identifying home-bound adults in need of screening; provide education on cultural issues related to health/wellness, and adjusting to new culture; provide referrals for additional services for client and/or caregivers; and assist client with case management issues, including obtaining benefits and/or other community resources.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Under the direction of the Program Manager, the Bilingual/Bicultural Senior Community Worker will ride-along with meal drivers as needed to assist in identifying home-bound older adults in need of screening; provide education on cultural issues related to health/wellness, and adjusting to new culture.
- Work collaboratively with therapist to assist clients in obtaining benefits, continuity of care and/or other community resources, this does not include driving with the clients.
- Concentrate on outreach activities, event participation and program related to Mental Health Stigma reduction and Suicide Prevention
- Maintain at least 60% of Billable Time and maintain tangible referral into the program.
- May refer clients to contracted mental health providers or similar providers for long-term psychiatric care, medication management, and other community resources
- Provide referrals for additional services for client and/or caregivers as requested
- Provide cultural brokerage to Meals On Wheels Drivers if needed
- Functions as a member of a multi-disciplinary team. Community services and outreach activities will also be required.
- Develop relationships with ancillary providers from Senior Center and other places where seniors congregate.
- Participates in staff meetings, case conferences, training, treatment utilization reviews and other quality assurance activities as requested
- Must be willing to travel daily to do the outreach and screen prospective clients within service area zip codes.
- Must be able to travel between Downtown San Diego and North County.
- Assist clinical and other staff in reaching out to Monolingual client for official business