Summary: The Business/Commercial Banker is responsible for proactively sourcing, acquiring and retaining customer relationships while maximizing sales opportunities. The Business/Commercial Banker will spend most of the time in the field, on sales appointments, generating leads and closing business. This position is commission eligible in addition to a strong, competitive base salary.
Expected Outcomes: A successful Business/Commercial Banker will focus on growth and profitable relationships by meeting the demands of the business banking market with particular attention on bank products and services such as deposits, treasury management, loans, letters of credit, SBA lending, and other related products.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Achieve established revenue, sales production and business goals;
- Proactively manage assigned portfolio of clients, identifying needs and maximizing opportunities;
- Generate leads and close opportunities, including originating simple and complex loans, performing renewals and managing problem credits.
- Requires a minimum of five years of banking experience; with a minimum of three years in business banking preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree required, focus in business, accounting, finance or related field strongly preferred.
- Requires prior credit training.
- Prefers SBA lending experience.
- Requires outside calling skills, including demonstrated successful prospecting and contact management.
- Requires strong working knowledge of credit structuring and processing, in addition to strong analytic skills with the demonstrated ability to manage and present complex financial information in a format that is easily understood.
All employees are expected to contribute to the overall success of the organization by performing requested duties regardless of explicit inclusion in the job description or reasonable relation to an employee’s primary role. Additionally, all employees must understand and adhere to all federal and state laws and banking regulations and company policies and procedures applicable to assigned job responsibilities, including compliance as appropriate under the Bank Secrecy Act and Anti-Money Laundering regulations.
Additionally, all employees are expected to demonstrate the following Core Competencies:
Professionalism – acting with responsibility, integrity and accountability; demonstrating consistent trustworthiness and reliability; always remaining flexible, adaptable and willing to accept coaching; building and managing professionally healthy relationships; deliberately managing career decisions; and continually developing awareness of business-related topics.
Communication – understanding various active and passive tools and styles and their effects; and exhibiting appropriate, effective, timely use of tools and styles to connect, collaborate, facilitate teamwork and serve customers.
Work Quality – demonstrating an ongoing commitment to compliance, safety and security; executing work with efficiency, a sense of urgency and attention to detail; and displaying organized work practices and a results-oriented mindset.
Analytical Ability – navigating work-related circumstances with practical, sound reasoning; and demonstrating creativity in problem solving.
Leadership – displaying good judgment and certainty in decision making; taking initiative with job-related demands; demonstrating innovative thinking and sound planning with business practices; managing individual performance toward shared organizational goals; and thinking strategically to set and accomplish goals.
Merchants Bancorp and its affiliates and subsidiaries are committed to being equal opportunity employers. All job candidates and incumbents will be assessed based on only criteria relevant to successfully performing the job as defined in this job description and as generally accepted in the job’s relevant industries.