The Director of Homeless Strategies supports the VP of Public Safety & Field Operations in the overall planning, management, and execution of Homeless Outreach programming and departmental priorities, including liaising with Field Operations Team/organizational leadership; coordinating and collaborating with external community partners/vendors such as the Dallas Police Department and City of Dallas Office of Homeless Solutions (OHS).
Job Duties and Responsibilities
• Provides oversight and delivery of homeless outreach program implementation, including all activities, outputs, and outcomes related to program management and administration, including allocation of resources (i.e., personnel, equipment, software, etc.), reporting, budget development, and monitoring, financial transactions, execution of project plans, and project performance
• Serve as subject matter expert to Senior Team and external constituents on the topic of homeless outreach and engagement in Downtown
• Support Metro Dallas Homeless Alliance (MDHA) efforts to centralize and streamline processes involving the continuum of care, rapid rehousing, and Homeless Service providers collaboration.
• Maintain and enhance the working relationships with the OHS and create opportunities to collaborate and share data and best practices
• Partner with the North Texas Behavioral Authority (NTBHA) to develop a comprehensive framework that addresses significant gaps in serving homeless individuals suffering from severe mental illness
• Analyze the captured homeless data presented by Homeless Outreach Team to evaluate metrics around established goals
• Oversee coordination with public and private agencies, as well as nonprofits and social services, to advance long-term solutions for those experiencing homelessness in Downtown Dallas
• Represents DDI at meetings and develops/leads presentations for key stakeholders, board of governors, and various partners, ranging from frontline staff to Downtown executives
Education and Experience
• Minimum of 5 years of work experience leading programs
• Minimum of 2 years of supervisory experience
• Working knowledge of social services related to the homeless population