The Kindergarten teacher’s goal in the dual immersion classroom is to educate children by immersing them in a second or ‘target’ language so they become truly bilingual in time. In the Spanish immersion program, the classroom environment becomes the setting for language acquisition through subject content instruction and social interaction.
- Model Christ in word and deed.
- Follow curriculum guide from Add.a.Lingua and PRCA
- Write lesson plans for all classes on a weekly basis according to PRCA and Add.a.lingua guidelines.
- Establish and maintain communication with parents as specified by administrative policy.
- Read Pusch Ridge Christian Academy email/staff communications to remain informed and respond if requested to do so. This should be done upon arrival, midday, and before departure.
- Be available for student questions, concerns, ministry, and counsel during lunch hours, before school, after school, or in between classes.
- Attend staff devotions one day per week.
- Attend Pusch Ridge Christian Academy staff meetings.
- Attend Pusch Ridge Chapel South Campus staff meetings.
- Participate in scheduled grade-level team meetings.
- Attend/participate in: Back to School Night, and other School events the promote relationship building with students, parents, and colleagues.
- Participates in the accreditation process for the school's continuous improvement plan.
- Participates in professional development to stay current in their field.
- Adhere to specified professional dress.
- Attend and participate in designated Chapels.
- Leads students in a daily pledge of allegiance and prayer.
- Open each class with prayer.
- Give specific praise and encouragement.
- Decorate classroom bulletin boards seasonally, scripturally, and quarterly.
- Establish and maintain accurate records on each student.
- Prepare interims.
- Integrate school-wide theme scriptures into the classroom
- Teach through the Classical education method.
- Discipline with love and establish incentives for improving behavior.
- Provide remediation or enrichment for students as necessary.
- Teach Spanish as the primary language and the important aspects of Spanish Culture.
- Observe and assess the ability of each student.
- Serve as interpreter/document translator for teachers/administrators who need to communicate with parents who are Spanish speakers.
- Know the student dress code in order to ensure students comply with the standards
- Compile and maintain an up-to-date subfolder
- Secure classrooms for use by the Children’s Ministry and other ministries.
- All teachers are responsible for erasing their whiteboards at the end of each teaching day (good stewardship element)
- Posts weekly newsletter, photos, and announcements for parents on Lion’s Den.
- Plans and participates in in-house field trips.
- Must be able to lift 40 lbs.
- A love of teaching, especially the Word
- The call of God to serve as a teacher
- A strong commitment to the philosophies, mission and the educational philosophies of Pusch Ridge Christian Academy
- Written and Oral fluency in Spanish and English (able to pass a proficiency test)
- Excellent interpersonal skills with regard to children, their parents, and colleagues
- Spiritual gifts of teaching, discernment, administration, leadership, service, and exhortation
- Group facilitation skills
- Able to tolerate disinfectants and sanitizers for daily use
- ACSI certification or willing to pursue ACSI certification
- Continuing professional development
- Computer skills
- Organizational skills
Monday-Friday 7:30 AM to 4:00 PM
Full time (40 hours/week); however, may be required to work an evening or weekend day to attend a PRCA event, or assist with a special project or in a circumstantial emergency affecting the church facilities.