This individual will provide a full range of case management and outreach services to children/adolescents and their families referred to APM by the Philadelphia School District Community School. The Attendance Case Manager will work with a School District’s Community School Coordinator to improve attendance and academic achievement through case management services for at-risk children, youth and their families. The Attendance Case Manager is responsible for ongoing support to youth and their families through assessments to identify strengths and weaknesses, referrals and linkages to services, evaluation of service effectiveness and any additional support the will benefit the student and their families. The programs goal is to ensure household stability that can translate into the student attending school regularly and succeeding academically.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Provides services to a caseload of children/youth and family members, including but not limited to specific services contained in the Performance Standards, Licensing Requirements and items as outlined below:
· Provision of case management services documenting all activities directly or indirectly related to the client in case files and database.
· Provision of services to meet normal developmental needs – this will include children resources and life skills education.
· Provision of social services (i.e. fact-to-face contact) between case manager and any members of the family/household and other interested parties.
· Provision of family prevention and intervention services to increase regular attendance at the school.
· Maintain consistent communication through home visits with families and provide ongoing support to students as needed.
· Provision of direct support as well as referrals to appropriate agencies for additional services to achieve goals. Ensure that all referrals are completed promptly and confirm that linkages between the family and provider are secured.
· Delivery of child abuse reporting procedures and mandated reporter procedures.
· Completion of all required documentation of services provided.
· A minimum 1 hour weekly, group and other school staff meetings as required.
· Participate in case conferences, school conferences, all teaming conferences deemed necessary to support movement of the case.
· Perform other duties that support the mission of the Case Management Service in Community Schools program and APM mission and vision.
· Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in a Social Work or a related field, plus 1-year experience in Social Work or a related field that includes case management, education, and child welfare experience working with children and youth, juvenile delinquency, and/or families. Human Services (preferably Child Welfare). Some related fields are, social work, sociology, psychology, theology, education, criminal justice and public health administration.
· Pennsylvania Child Abuse History Clearance.
· Criminal Background Clearance.
· Driving Record
· Physical exam with PPD.
· FBI clearance
· Valid Driver’s license
· Able to work evening and weekends when necessary.
· Strong clinical writing skills
· Strong professional communication skills
· May be required to use own vehicle or public transportation when other means of transportation are unavailable.
· Must demonstrate genuine empathy and concern for individuals as indicated in our corporate vision, mission and values statements.
· Knowledge of community resources and ability to work as a team member
· Adhere to applicable city, county, state and federal laws and regulations, internal and DPW licensing standards.
· Familiarity in computers including word processing programs and internet.
· Knowledge of social work values and/or child welfare services preferred.
· Bi-lingual in English and Spanish.
· Resident in
· Planning and organizing
· Critical Prioritizing of urgent matters
· Problem assessment and problem solving
· Information gathering and information monitoring
· Attention to detail and accuracy
· Strong Time Management