Come join the team at Frank Lloyd Wright's Taliesin West - a World Heritage site and one of the most frequently visited travel destinations in Arizona!
Sharply focused on ensuring our local, regional, national, and international audiences feel welcome to explore, engage in, understand and financially support the historic spaces of Frank Lloyd Wright's Taliesin and Taliesin West, the Frank Lloyd Wright Foundation inspires people to discover and embrace an architecture for better living through meaningful connection to nature, the arts and each other. In Wright's own words, our vision is "to make life more beautiful, the world a better one for living in, and to give reason, rhyme and meaning to life."
The Membership Specialist generates revenue for the Foundation’s preservation, education, and arts programs by using outstanding sales skills and technical expertise in building relationships and sharing the benefits of Foundation memberships with Taliesin West visitors. Working collaboratively across departments in partnership with our guest experience and retail sales teams, the Membership Specialist shares information about the importance of member support to our programs, informs prospective members about the benefits provided for different levels of membership, assists visitors and members in purchasing/renewing memberships, and documents transactions in electronic systems. Note: Opportunities exist for both full time regular and part-time position seasonal (October-June) schedules - qualified candidates can indicate preferences within this application.
· Collaborates with retail and public engagement associates to provide a high level of friendly customer service to visitors, members, and others.
· Explains the value of membership through both support for the Foundation’s work and the benefits that members receive via membership.
· Facilitates sale of memberships by entering visitor information and completing membership enrollment utilizing Altru CRM at various locations at Taliesin West.
· Processes and completes financial transactions for memberships and, when necessary, tours and ticketing.
· Cross trains and then conducts select tours for guests on an episodic basis using exceptional public speaking ability.
· Assists with other cultivation, stewardship and Foundation activities as needed.
· Performs other related duties as assigned.
· High school diploma or general education degree.
· At least 1 year of retail or customer service experience preferably obtained in a hospitality, museum, service, or retail environment
· Excellent customer service, communication, and selling skills, with high level of comfort in interacting by phone, email, and in person with a diverse audience.
· Proficient in Blackbaud Altru including data entry of memberships, creating membership cards, and reporting daily sales, and extraction procedures; if proficiency does not exist, must have experience that supports technical capacity to quickly learn and demonstrate knowledge of the system
· Ability to learn and accurately convey knowledge of the Foundation's membership program.
· Precise cash handling and skilled sales background.
· Ability to work flexible hours, predominately weekends and select evenings, as operational needs dictate.
· Demonstrated problem solving ability as related to systems, process, and people.
· Attention to detail and ability to multitask as well as ability to work alone or as a member of a team.
· Passion, enthusiasm, focus, creativity, friendliness, and a positive outlook.
· Ability to report to work on time and communicate with supervisor in a timely manner about scheduling needs.
o Previous work experience in a fundraising environment within a nonprofit organization.
o Knowledge of and ability to speak about Frank Lloyd Wright and/or Taliesin West under the tenants of the Foundation’s mission.
Physical Demands and Work Environment: The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
· Physical Demands: While performing the essential functions of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand for long periods of time; walk; sit; use hands to handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; occasionally climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; and consistently talk or hear; and rarely taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
· Work environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be exposed to weather and desert environmental conditions prevalent at the time. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
· OSHA Risk Classification for COVID-19 Exposure: Medium Risk: This position requires frequent/close contact with the public and other co-workers and is therefore determined to fall within the Medium Risk category as defined by OSHA. To further minimize risk, employees are required to follow the Foundation's Safe and Healthy Workplace guidelines and related personal and facility infection control policies.
The Frank Lloyd Wright Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer.