Coastal Hospice offers a competitive benefit package which includes: 3 Medical plans, 2 Dental plans, Vision, HSA contribution, Employer paid life/LTD, 403(b) w/matching, Sick/Safe Leave, Generous Vacation time, Extended illness accruals, Verizon discount and more!
General Statement of Duties: Reports to the Inpatient or Home Hospice Team Leader, as assigned. With written instructions from a Coastal Hospice registered nurse, provides personal care, assistance with activities of daily living, homemaking and related assistance to patients.
1. Provides direct patient care as instructed by a RN and/or physical therapist. This requires:
a) Current CNA certification in Maryland.
b) Successful completion of training required by hospice regulations and standards.
c) Current CPR certification for Healthcare Provider (BLS).
d) Ability to understand and follow spoken and written instructions.
e) Sight, hearing and manual dexterity to function with or without prosthetics use that will enable these senses to function adequately to fulfill the requirements of the job.
f) The ability to lift, push, pull or move patients, equipment, supplies, etc. in excess of 50 pounds with or without the use of adaptive/assistive devices.
g) The ability to negotiate level and unlevel surfaces with or without the use of assistive devices.
2. Rotates assignment to meet Coastal Hospice program needs 24/7 as required.
3. Provides emotional support to the patient and family which requires effective human relation skills.
4. Relieves the primary caregiver for occasional respite.
5. Provides 1:1 care and other patient/family assistance as assigned.
6. Communicates effectively and timely with supervising nurse and other hospice aides by:
a) Documenting services clearly and accurately by the end of each shift.
b) Promptly reporting any significant change in patient’s condition.
7. Complies with Coastal Hospice policies by:
a) Demonstrating knowledge of and agreement with Coastal Hospice policies and philosophy of care.
b) Documenting 12 hours of in-service training per year.
c) Successfully completing periodic competency examinations and performance evaluations.
When assigned to Coastal Hospice at the Lake, these additional duties are required:
8. Communicates effectively and timely with supervising nurse and other hospice aides by performing change of shift rounds.
9. Assists with unit operations by:
a) Reporting low levels of linens and supplies
b) Checking and documenting daily temperatures of refrigerators
c) Maintaining safe physical environment according to unit needs and regulatory standards
d) Performing light housekeeping duties