The PM Utility performs a number of kitchen activities including pot and dish washing, general cleaning duties to maintain sanitary kitchen standards, and storing food and non-food supplies.
· Follow proper procedures for pot sink and dishwashing machine setup and breakdown.
· Clean and sort all food items and caves returning from events, under the supervision of the Cooler Expeditor Manager.
· Wash and sanitize all pots and pans being used at events and for internal kitchen use. Place clean items in proper storage area.
· Take out garbage throughout the work day, separating food waste from recycled items and compostable items, and using proper dumpsters to dispose of trash, compost and recycling.
· Sweep and mop all areas of the kitchen during open hours as needed, and at the end of service daily, resetting the floor mats and placing clean trash cans in the kitchen area.
· Follow cleaning schedule as designated by the Culinary Management team, maintaining highest quality of areas at all times.
· Report to work in proper uniform.
· Perform other relevant tasks as required.
Education and Experience: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
· Any combination of education, training, and experience that demonstrates the ability to perform the duties of the position.
· Completion of City of Chicago Department of Public Health Certified Food Service Manager certification preferred, or ability to complete the certification within 90 days after date of hire.
Essential Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactory. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Ability to demonstrate strong affinity for Blue Plate’s mission: Our mission is to “care more” for others through food and service experiences that turn our partner’s vision into reality
· Ability to follow instructions with a sense of urgency.
· Knowledge of workplace safety procedures.
· Reliable and punctual attendance.
Ability to read, write and speak English proficiently. Bilingual skills a plus.
Physical Demands: The physical demands describe here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential function.
· Frequently required to stand, walk, sit, use hands to feel; reach with hand and arms, and stoop, kneel or crouch. Constant standing throughout the shift is required.
· Regularly required to lift and/or move up to 60 lbs.
· Specific vision requirements include the ability to see at close range, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· May work in extreme heat and cold (non-weather and weather).
· May work in wet conditions (non-weather and weather).
· Noise level is moderate to loud.
· May work near toxic/caustic chemical and with fumes or airborne particles.
· Will work near moving or mechanical parts.
Blue Plate Catering is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Candidates are considered for employment with Blue Plate Catering without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender, pregnancy, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, military status, protected veteran status or other classification protected by applicable federal, state or local law.