At the Children’s Museum of Denver at Marsico Campus, we believe in kid-powered learning. We work hard every day to create extraordinary experiences that champion the wonder and joy of childhood. To accomplish this mission, we bring together a dynamic team of talented individuals whose passions range from exhibit design to the culinary arts, from developing engaging educational programs to offering only the best in customer service. If you like to work hard and play hard, we want to hear from you! We offer a comprehensive benefits package, competitive wages and a supportive, rewarding and FUN work environment.
The Children’s Museum is seeking a Full-time Marketing and Communications Coordinator to work with the Marketing team on all Museum-related marketing, advertising and communications.
Schedule: Full-time, 40 hours per week; evenings and weekends as needed
Rate: $36k – 39k, commensurate with skills and experience
Benefits: A comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental and vision coverage. Paid time-off for vacation, sick days and four holidays. 401(k) Retirement Plan with eligibility to contribute after a 3-month waiting period (must be 21 years of age). Employee Assistance Program, flexible spending account and short-term disability. Free parking, free family membership to the Museum, and discounts in the Museum Gift Shop and Café.
Responsibilities and Essential Functions
Please note: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each responsibility satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the responsibilities.
· Provide marketing, communications and advertising support to all Museum departments
· Help maintain organizational brand standards
· Update and edit Museum website
· Social media strategy and implementation
· Create and manage email newsletters
· Write and edit web copy, fact sheets and content for Museum collateral
· Assist with promotion of all Museum public events, including day-of event support
· Maintain news clippings and advertising tear sheets
· Work with printers to order signage/collateral
· Maintain inventory of printed collateral items
· Attend off-site meetings, make deliveries and pick-ups
· Other duties, as assigned
· Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 1 year of experience in marketing or communications
· Strong computer skills; fluent in Microsoft Office, Email Marketing Software and Website Content Management Systems. Google Adwords/Analytics and Adobe Creative Suite knowledge preferred.
· Strong organizational, writing and editing skills
· Basic media knowledge and comfortable with public speaking
· Excellent at multi-tasking; ability to work with deadlines and under pressure
· Work well independently and with a team
· Strong commitment to the Museum’s mission, vision and values of diversity, equity, access and inclusion
Physical Activities & Requirements
· Work is generally performed in an indoor office environment.
· Ability to sit at a desk for extended periods of time (up to 8 hours).
· Ability to work evenings, weekends, holidays or longer than 8-hour shifts, as needed for special events.
· Ability to stand, sit, walk, walk on unpaved terrain, talk, reach with arms and hands, have good manual dexterity, use hands and fingers to operate a computer and camera equipment, hear alarms/telephones/normal speaking voice. Ability to lift up to 30 lbs of equipment or supplies.
· While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear.
· Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus.
The Children’s Museum of Denver at Marsico Campus is an equal opportunity employer. The Museum is dedicated to the goal of building a culturally diverse staff committed to serving the needs of all our visitors and we encourage applications from individuals of all backgrounds.