Full Time, Exempt
The Product Team Lead (PTL) is broadly responsible for leading cross-functional teams who are empowered to develop robotic and automation system in a lab and bring them to market or improve existing products to better serve customer’s needs. To achieve this goal, the PTL will lead a cross-functional team comprised of multiple disciplines such as mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, software development, supply chain, manufacturing engineering, and quality. To succeed, the PTL will set the team’s vision and goals, help a team work together to solve new and tough problems all while creating a collaborative, fun, high performance environment.
The PTL will work closely with Alert’s Leadership Team to understand a product’s requirements, partner with Alert’s Chief Development Officer in guiding the Product Team and align with other Discipline Leads in ensuring that Alert’s practices are followed and/or developed.
Who you are:
- You are focused on making progress every day
- You are comfortable establishing and evangelizing a desired end state, or outcome, and motivating others to come along
- You ask detailed and specific questions, understand nuance, and challenge conventional wisdom
- You are curious, collaborative, and committed to something bigger
- You care about the success of your customers
- You understand how to distinguish what people ask for from what they actually need
- Humble and thoughtful
- You have social and personal skills that make others want you on their team
- You exude dedication and commitment to your work that makes others want to go to bat for you and support you through thick and thin
- Work closely with technical team members to ensure projects execute in a predictable fashion with respect to schedule, budget and performance. This includes initiating, planning, executing, monitoring, sustaining, and closing projects.
- Ensure team is appropriately resourced to deliver on product goals
- Anticipate and communicate project risks and assist team in risk mitigation.
- Effectively communicate issues and status with stakeholders regarding deliverables, timelines, and budget
- Develop strong working relationships across teams and stakeholders to ensure overall project success
- Advance the team’s skills that improve effort estimation, early risk identification and mitigation, and resource tracking to improve project performance.
- Ensure adherence to quality policies and standard operating procedures, or work with Discipline Leads to create quality policies and SOP’s where none exist
- Manage multiple functional resources assigned to development team
- Plan, lead, and document all formal Phase review meetings
- Lead continuous improvement activities for both cost reduction and functionality enhancements by employing a structured approach
- Manage development with emphasis on scalability and long-term solutions
Common Project Metrics:
Performance, Reliability, Serviceability, Cost, Quality, Supply Chain Capability, Project Schedule.
- Experience in translating product technical requirements into a project plan
- Experience running large cross functional projects that deliver tangible products, involving operations, quality, supplier chain, mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, and software developers
- Understanding of common New Product Introduction cross functional challenges, and knowledge of strategies to identify/ mitigate risks
- Experience balancing project resources, project budgets, and schedules
- Familiarity collecting, communicating, and achieving project KPIs.
- Proficient with various project management tools (MS Project, visual management)
- Familiarity with various project management methods (agile, waterfall)
- Solid understanding of typical New Product Introduction phase gate processes
TEAMING & PERSONAL
- Demonstrates and is committed to servant leadership
- Accepts leadership role as coach and people developer (not chief problem solver)
- Creates clear priorities and delegates effectively
- Works successfully in a collaborative team environment and constructively influences team decisions
- Self-motivated and capable of working through ambiguity
- Excellent critical thinking and analytical/problem solving skills
- Possesses business acumen, team facilitation skills, flexibility, independent thinking and responsibility for execution
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and ability to communicate across all levels of the organization
EDUCATION/RELATIVE YEARS EXPERIENCE
- +7 years of experience in high-tech project development (or related role), and +5 years of experience managing projects comprised of +10 cross functional resources.
- Minimum of a Bachelor technical degree (or the equivalent in training and experience) with a background in high-tech or electro-mechanical product companies.
All members of Alert Innovation practice the following values as part of their daily responsibilities and model these values as she/he leads or supports their teams.
- The Golden Rule: Extraordinarily powerful in its simplicity and depth: “Treat others as you would want to be treated”.
- The Power of Person: The contribution of every single person in a company is important, and the performance of the entire company can only be maximized when every person strives to achieve his/her full potential and to contribute to the best of his/her ability.
- The Power of Team: The Power of Person becomes amplified exponentially when a group of people working effectively as a team create “performance synergy”, whereby the capacity to perform as a team is much greater than the sum of the individual members’ capacities.
- The Power of Truth: We strive to see the world as it is, not as we want or imagine it to be, because only then can we make it better. This core value manifests itself through questioning, probing, testing, measuring, validating, verifying, proving, listening with an open mind, and making fact-based decisions. It also fosters transparency and honesty with others, as well as self-examination and self-honesty.
Alert Innovation is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.