Philbrook Museum of Art is seeking highly organized candidates to fill temporary event staff openings. Event staff is responsible for assisting in the implementation of special events consistent with client, department and museum standards and expectations. This position will maintain museum in a neat, efficient, and favorable image to staff, daily visitors, groups or organizations, both public and private, which hold special events, receptions, and meetings in the museum’s public venues.
About Us: Philbrook Museum of Art is an art museum with expansive formal gardens located in Tulsa, Oklahoma. Philbrook strives every day to make a creative and connected community through art and gardens.
Event Staff Essential Responsibilities:
- Performs event set-up activities seeing that the assigned materials (tables, chairs, equipment) arrive timely and are set according to event sheet instructions.
- Performs event associated duties as assigned before, during, and after any special events including returning and storing stage equipment, chairs, tables and audio visual equipment.
- Remove event inventory and other materials from area after event, restoring utilized area to its normal arrangement and condition.
- Assist where needed in keeping event tasks on schedule.
- Clean up spills and breakage as needed. Clean and maintain public areas, vacuum carpets, clean glass, and empty trash. Periodically spot-check for cleanliness and maintain public restrooms.
- Collect, empty, and re-line trash cans in public areas as well as event trash.
- Stock all paper products, soap dispensers. Disinfect door push plates and handles, bathroom fixtures. Mop bathroom floors to make ready for next day.
- Maintain prompt and reliable attendance in order to successfully perform the duties of the job.
- Other duties or special projects as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Organizational skills, attention to detail, and follow-up on cleaning and maintaining a
- favorable image of museum.
- Ability to operate and use cleaning equipment, vacuum cleaners, mops, and brooms.
- Ability to read and understand instructional materials pertaining to Event functions.
- Proven customer service skills
- Ability to multi-task and take direction
- Must be able to stand or walk 60% of the time, lift up to 75 lbs., and carry 35 lbs.
Must be available to work on the weekends
Philbrook provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.