We are building an organization that serves our fans, community and partners through world class entertainment, sports and events. We believe in being authentically Austin. This means staying true to what makes Austin, Austin by rolling up our sleeves to get things done, being a pillar in our community, teamwork over the individual, celebrating our wins, taking risks and stretching our potential.
Moody Center will provide the city with its first premier venue to host the biggest and best artists and acts in the industry. Designed specifically for concerts, the new arena will replace the 42-year-old Frank C. Erwin Jr. Center at The University of Texas and will be the home to the University of Texas women’s and men’s basketball games as well as other sports and community events. Moody Center is privately financed through a unique partnership between Oak View Group, Live Nation/C3 Presents, The University of Texas at Austin, and Matthew McConaughey and is set to open Spring 2022.
This role will be responsible for directing, planning, scheduling, and monitoring all computer and phone systems for the facility. This role will manage technical event needs, support building staff and help design facility technology plans alongside their supervisor, the VP of Technology.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Supervise full-time and part-time IT staff. Properly schedule staff to cover facility operating hours in efficient and effective manner.
- Develop training programs to ensure all staff members are proficient in operating and maintaining computer systems.
- Develop, implement, document, and maintain effective facility maintenance policies, procedures, and programs. To include project managing all computer software, hardware, and all phone systems.
- Oversee and provide cause for proper control and care of computer and phone inventories of supplies, spare parts, shop tools and equipment.
- Prepare and provide to management team specific reports and documents. To include, but not limited to, purchase request orders, department operating budget, capital improvement budget projects, special project reports, updates and/or recommendations, and event reports.
- Oversee related contracted maintenance agreements. Develop bid specifications, renewal agreements, and manage all other related items to ensure that acceptable and quality performance levels are achieved.
- Frequent bending, lifting 15-20 pounds, sitting, exposure to multiple external elements, extensive walking through the building.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Experience & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5-7 years of experience working in IT operations.
- 5-7 years of experience managing IT staff members or teams.
- Experience and knowledge of current on technical best practices, policies, and procedures.
- Knowledge with the principles and techniques of supervision, training, budget preparation and purchasing.
- Professional practice in reading and comprehending blueprints, drawings, and other related materials.
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions and communicate effectively with others in both verbal and written form.
- Organized and able to prioritize work to meet deadlines.
- Work effectively under pressure and/or stringent schedule, while providing accurate results.
- Ability to work independently and demonstrate the ability to exercise effective judgment and initiative.
- Ability to maintain an effective working relationship with clients, employees, exhibitors, patrons, and others.
- Experience within large public venues (stadiums, arenas, etc…).
- Experience in methods, techniques, and procedures to repair and maintain all computer and phone related materials
- Minimal Travel (<10% travel): May be required to travel. Trips may require air travel and/or overnight stay away from home for one or more nights.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule inclusive of weekends, nights and holidays required.
Oak View Group
Oak View Group is a sports and entertainment company engaged in a wide variety of activities, including arena development, facility management, arena and stadium alliance, sponsorships and partnerships, security services, publications, conferences, and consulting. The company, privately held, is headquartered in Los Angeles, California with offices throughout the world.
We are committed to ensuring all of our buildings and office locations are the safest in the world for artists, teams, employees, and fans. Thus, OVG requires vaccinations of all employees, sub-contractors, and vendors.
Oak View Group is committed to equal employment opportunity. We will not discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on any legally recognized basis (“protected class”) including, but not limited to veteran status, uniform service member status, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information or any other protected class under federal, state, or local law.