Position Marketing Coordinator
Reports to SVP, Marketing
Date January 1, 2021
WAEPA Mission and Values
Worldwide Assurance for Employees of Public Agencies (WAEPA), is a nonprofit association (not an insurance company) seeking a Marketing Coordinator. This position reports directly to the Senior Vice President of Marketing and will interface with all levels of the organization and external marketing partners.
WAEPA was formed in 1943 by federal employees, for federal employees. The goal of WAEPA is to provide access to products and services that promote the health, welfare and financial well-being of its members. Learn more at waepa.org.
The Marketing Coordinator will help develop and to execute WAEPA Marketing efforts to increase membership. This position will assist in planning, developing, and implementing multi-channel marketing campaigns in order to maximize growth, broaden the audience of customers, and increase customer loyalty to WAEPA. This position requires the ability to multi-task with various stakeholders, both internal and external to achieve successful campaigns, ensuring projects are completed on time and within budget.
To be successful in this role you will need to see the big picture and execute rapidly. The right candidate has proven experience building customer-centric campaigns, setting up structured marketing tests, analyzing results, and optimizing. This person will support creative solutions and develop dynamic online and offline campaigns. You have proven success in driving substantial results, ideally in B2C branding, customer acquisition, site conversion and developing customer advocacy programs.
The right candidate will have experience managing marketing campaigns that resonate with our target audiences. You will be able to work efficiently, deliver results, and manage campaigns with a high level of creativity, organization, and communication.
Position accountabilities include:
• Assist in developing project plans, assemble cross-functional work teams and coordinate development of strategic marketing plan in partnership with SVP of Marketing
• Interacts with various agencies and provides clear direction on project management; creates and maintains all project management spreadsheets and is responsible for the implementation
• Use innovative thinking and advanced analytical techniques in order to identify improvement opportunities for our products and services
• Identify consumer needs and develop new industry tools to address those needs
• Conduct thorough data analysis in order to improve marketing ROI and conversion metrics
• Develop a strategy to increase brand awareness; managing the marketing plan and assisting with the marketing budget
• Broad familiarity with search, social media, and display advertising
• Build relationships with exterior vendors, creating a foundation that meets our core objectives and organization guidelines
• Manages internal branding through consistent application and use of graphic assets
• Reviews accuracy of layouts and manages internal review process and traffic advertising proofs
• Establishes regular communications channels with clients
• Project Management for assigned campaigns
• Assist marketing team with day-to-day tasks and coordinating projects
• other duties as assigned
This position is expected to work partially in the office during COVID-19.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills; Active and open-minded learner
• Highly motivated, an overachiever and team player
• Strong organization, planning, and task management skills
• Ability to shift priorities and delegate as needed to keep all tasks on schedule
• Strategic thinker who thrives in a collaborative, cross-functional environment
• Operate with the highest level of integrity
• Be an "Out of the Box" thinker who is both creative and innovative, with the ability to think strategically while maintaining focused results and execution
• Have a propensity to succeed both personally and professionally, focused on achieving results and exceeding goals and objectives
• Have a positive "can-do" attitude and a true passion for what you do
• Build external stakeholder relationships for the Organization
• Self-motivated, ability to multi-task and detail-oriented
• Experience with Adobe Creative Suite
• Microsoft Office -- Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
• SEO knowledge and expertise
Experience / Education
• Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, advertising or communications; or equivalent experience required
• Minimum of 2-3 years of experience in marketing, communications, sales or advertising
Measure(s) of success
• Maximize Time Management – ensure all managed projects and campaigns are complete on time
• Monthly check-ins with SVP to provide campaign/project status and budget figures
• Continue to build and maintain external stakeholder relationships
• Organizational growth of 1%
This position description should not be construed to imply that the requirements are the sole standards for the position. Incumbents are expected to perform all other duties as required.