La Crosse Sign Group is looking for a Fabrication Assistant as a key component in our continued growth. This position is located at our Onalaska location. The position is full-time, with benefits and an excellent working environment. The successful candidate will be a key team member in our Fabrication Department, assisting with the prepping and painting of signs, keeping shop clean, and helping with other tasks. Proven fabrication experience desired.
• Cut/bend steel and aluminum parts for signs.
• Refurbishing and cleaning signs.
• Prep/Paint sign parts, including paint, sanding masking filling and cleaning.
• Trimcap acrylic letters.
• Read and understand production artwork.
• Completes all paperwork related to the production process according to established procedures.
• Documents all materials to ensure accurate inventory records.
• Scrap used sinage.
High school diploma or equivalent required. Additional technical college coursework in auto body repair and painting desirable. Must have strong mechanical abilities, knowledge of hand/power tools and excellent communication and problem-solving skills.