The Managing Director, Customer Experience is a critical role to running the day to day of agency client relationships including business development, client services, employee management and mentorship, and financial management of agency accounts.
The position builds business through the promotion of better communication and efficiencies internally that will ultimately result in better service to our clients, higher profitability to the company, and enhanced employee and client relationships. Managing Director, Customer Experience is responsible for the overall day-to-day account team performance as it relates largely to the profitability of client contracts, annual and quarterly account planning, strategic reviews, growing accounts, and retaining accounts.
The Managing Director, Customer Experience will work closely on a day-to-day basis with the Growth Team, Account Directors, and Industry Leaders to ensure that all client programs are integrated and provide solid strategy across agency to drive not only results for the client, but to provide solid integration of teams.
We operate in four industries (commercial/mixed use, residential, retail and consumer brands, and hospitality) and provide services in four areas (research, consulting, design, and marketing). The position requires a vast understanding of consumer-focused integrated marketing communications, and provides strategic guidance relating to branding, advertising, media, digital marketing, content marketing, public relations, lead generation, and the execution of these integrated marketing plans. This role also has an understanding of translating the brand to the physical environment and an understanding of the interior design, placemaking, and urban design process.
- A member of the agency Leadership Team to help define the CX strategy to win, keep, and grow clients.
- Participate on the business development and strategy team to develop the process to successfully onboard clients from sales into the teams for a seamless customer experience.
- Work with the Chief Growth Officer and Industry Leaders on winning business and getting it set up internally and deployed for success with internal teams.
- Establishing and maintaining relationships with clients to ensure client retention and that they agency is delivering on promises
- Contribute to proposal writing and field new business with team depending on client size and industry
- Work with Account Service to drive strategy on accounts to make sure we are exceeding goals
- Responsible for overall team communications. Trouble shoot and gather people and facts where necessary to correct any workflow or communication issues
- Consult with agency financial management on finance issues and take action to ensure financial responsibilities are met
- Forecast client projections, billings, revenues, and expenses across accounts with the support of the growth operations team to build effective reporting
- Provide strategic guidance relating to campaign themes, marketing plans, and execution of integrated campaigns across all channels of communication
- Develop and oversee day to day management the Account Service team and corresponding company communications guidelines to include 1:1 meetings, bi-annual reviews, practice group meetings, and cross-team SME’s
- Ensure proper staffing to effectively support clients and internal teams so we can be pro-active across accounts and our 4 x 4 strategy
- Identify and offer solutions where there are internal staffing issues
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and provide solution-focused recommendations to improve internal and external relationships
- Responsible to work with CX Leaders to meet agency billing goals and to maintain the health of our clients
- Work with CX Leaders to develop a gap analysis and agency plan to grow accounts
- Work with CX Leaders and agency leadership to develop new processes so there is a consistent way we work with clients across the company.
- Successfully developed and implemented strategic communications plans for multiple clients
- 10 + years of experience in an agency environment
- Ability to create, coach, and train staff to existing and new process to improve client communications and cross team collaboration
- Industry experience with B2C lifestyle brands: commercial & residential real estate, travel & tourism, retail, hospitality, and consumer brands
- Excellent leadership and communication skills with all levels
- Strong desire and unwavering commitment to success
- Strong planning and process skills with the ability to implement a vision throughout the team
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Strong attention to detail and ability to report up progress on the health of client relationships
- Excellent written communication skills
- A personal development mindset with the aspiration of growing with the organization
- A compelling personal story and ability to command a room
- Strong meeting facilitation and experience managing virtual global teams