The Managing Director, Corporate Sales & Marketing is a new role for Streetsense created as we develop the go-to-market strategy for a new brand, new HQ, and a global expansion. This role will be responsible for oversight of planning, development, and execution of the organization's marketing initiatives to support our corporate growth strategy, key initiatives, and our key industries: Commercial, Residential, Retail, Consumer Brands, and Hospitality. The role will also be responsible for building an internal marketing team to support the company marketing & sales process to service global teams.
Reporting directly to the Chief Growth Officer the Managing Director, Corporate Sales & Marketing primary responsibility is to generate revenue by increasing sales through successful marketing for the entire organization, using market research, pricing, product marketing, marketing communications, content marketing, thought leadership, and public relations to raise awareness of the company.
This role includes sales management, new business development, product development, industry channel strategy and customer experience strategy working side by side with the Growth Team to meet goals to win, keep, and grow clients and integrate our global acquisition over the next two years to develop our global story and go to market strategy and how to leverage CBRE as a growth engine. The Managing Director, Sales & Marketing ensures the organization's message is distributed across channels and to all targeted audiences in order to meet sales objectives and to drive awareness of our SME’s and key differentiators.
STRATEGY, IMPLEMENTATION + TEAM LEADERSHIP
- Collaborate with Growth Team leadership on the Annual Marketing and Growth Strategy plan to support the company growth strategy
- Shepherd the agency marketing strategy, implementation and measurement of all programs as outlined in the Marketing and Growth Strategy plan
- Ensure that all marketing efforts align with the overall company growth and messaging strategy and support pre-determined Key Performance Indicators for success.
- Develop and oversee the Annual Marketing + Team Staffing Budget
- Lead the internal marketing team on strategy, best practices, and process to ensure our programs reflect the quality and image of the overall company
- Manage team of direct reports, conducting bimonthly 1:1s and performance reviews, setting expectation and accountability metrics
- Work closely with Managing Director, Marketing, on our public relations strategy and the integration of this into our overall marketing plan and system of publishing
- Lead any relationships with outside partners such as Bisnow, BESCENE, CBRE Marketing, etc.
- Provide a weekly status reports on overall marketing initiatives, run weekly marketing meetings, and attend Sales Meeting to showcase global efforts
- Publish a quarterly content and events calendar to showcase marketing efforts and support the executive and sales team, practice group leads, and amplify overall agency communications.
- Build timely marketing campaigns to support and amplify company events and speaking engagements
- Prepare Quarterly and Annual Reports on Marketing outcomes and recommendations for optimizing our efforts across key performance indicators for success
- Work closely with Joint Venture Partner Marketing leaders to collaborate and leverage opportunities to market Streetsense within key industry channels: commercial, retail, multi-family, and hospitality
- Build pro-active relationships with partners, key executives, and SMEs to learn about opportunities to leverage that are trending or outside our strategic plan or content calendar
- Create and maintain strong relationships with Streetsense SMEs
- Develop a thought leadership strategy and work closely with SMEs on topics they feel comfortable speaking about and publishing to promote Streetsense and leverage thought leadership to drive sales
- Manage the creation and delivery of key pieces of thought leadership and trend reports, amplifying to our client base and marketing funnel
- Ensure that core pieces of thought leadership are interactive, creative deliverables that are engaging, eye-catching, clickable, and shareable
- Identify opportunities to publish content in industry trades, partner outlets, and more
BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT SUPPORT
- Develop a system to protect agency brand standards across all proposals and presentations
- Roll out our new brand for pitch and proposal materials
- Attend events to provide support to the business development team and look for marketing and sponsorship opportunities.
- Oversee and support the agency proposal and pitch deck process which will be managed by the sales and marketing manager and other team members as needed
- Participate in strategic sessions with the growth team to develop programs to drive company awareness and growth
- Participate in pitches and client work as needed as a SME in marketing
The Managing Director, Corporate Sales & Marketing must be a senior-level marketing professional that is both analytical & creative and possess extensive knowledge in developing an integrated communications strategy to include digital marketing, content marketing, interactive/web/video, CRM, and public relations. Experience in brand development and how this is incorporated into the physical environment is key so a cursory understanding of interior design & architecture is a plus. The role will require both B2B and B2C marketing knowledge and will plan, direct, and coordinate marketing budgets in accordance with organizational goals. The perfect candidate will have deep experience in a professional services firm creating amazing places with experience working with real estate, retail, commercial, hospitality, and consumer brands.
- 10-15 years of marketing and communications experience in an agency setting
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, or related field
- Previous experience in sales, advertising, and brand management
- Experience in website design and content development
- Stellar written and oral communication skills
- Extensive knowledge of current and relevant markets
- Proficient in analytics and market testing
- Willingness to try innovative marketing strategies
- Excellent time management, able to balance many projects at once