Pine Tree Society has been helping Maine people discover lives of passion and purpose since 1936. We transform the lives of thousands of people with disabilities (and their families) each year. We are well positioned to increase our impact and to do so, we need to reach more people who can benefit from our programs and services.
We are filling the role of Outreach Manager on our highly successful Marketing and Development team. The Outreach Manager will focus on building census for specific programs and services through targeted marketing and establishing strong partnerships with stakeholders. The Outreach Manager will be responsible for developing and implementing a multitude of diverse outreach initiatives to achieve specific goals.
**LOCATION FLEXIBILITY** This position can be performed from any of Pine Tree Society’s four locations (Auburn, Bath, Rome, or Scarborough) and/or from your own home office.
The ideal candidate is someone who:
1. Has a passion to make a difference, perhaps specifically around issues of disabilities, whether through work, volunteer or personal experience. ?This person channels that passion with a strong sense of optimism.
2. Drives results forward. This person is tenacious with a contagious can-do attitude. They approach challenges with creativity and positivity with an eye on the goal.
4. Loves marketing and/or sales and wants to grow deeper in the field. This person understands you can’t reach everyone. Rather, they are methodical around identifying a target, developing strategies to engage and move them to action.
3. Thrives on systems. They love to follow proven systems and have the know-how to create new systems to build efficiencies. This person is ?methodical without letting process slow them down.
5. Is a connector of people –a dynamic networker. This is a person who is always making unexpected connections between people, who has genuine interest in their stories, and great skill with listening and empathy that motivates others to get involved or take action.
6. Is intellectually curious and growth-minded - this is a lifelong learner, who regularly seeks and implements honest feedback, and keeps engaging in opportunities to grow and improve.
7. Is engaging. Whether one-on-one or speaking to a group of 100, this is someone who enjoys telling a great story, engaging with empathy and persisting to get results.
ROLE EXPECTATIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Outreach Manager is a highly visible and collaborative role both internally and externally. The person in this position will lead the development and implementation of an outreach plan designed to meet stated goals.
The specific responsibilities of this role fall into these primary areas:
1. Partnership Development: * Identify and prioritize potential partners from diverse sources. * Conduct research, analysis, and strategy. * Plan and strategize prospect predisposition and visits/meetings and presentations. * Pull in internal partners as needed. * Conduct visits/meetings and presentations. * Manage follow-up activities. * Track outreach and report on effort and impact.
2. Communication: Develop and conduct presentations for partnership and community outreach efforts. * Assist in the development of print materials, website content, educational content/resources, etc. necessary for partnership recruitment and community outreach efforts.
3. Leadership of cross-departmental team: * Facilitate team meetings. * Engage team to gain knowledge and nuisance of programs, impact and target audience. * Train and educate program staff to engage in and support outreach efforts.
Benefits: We offer a competitive salary and comprehensive benefit package including health, dental, life, short-term disability and voluntary insurances as well as a generous paid time off (PTO) policy (15 days/year to start), 11 paid holidays, a 403(b) retirement plan and a friendly and professional workplace atmosphere focused on impact. EOE.
CONTACT AND FURTHER INFORMATION:
If this profile calls out to you, please attach a tailored, authentic cover letter that explains 1) why Pine Tree Society; and 2) why this particular role are ideal fits for you – along with your resume to this application.