Cole’s Quality Foods, Inc., a well-established and growing industry leader in the frozen food category, is seeking a Shipping and Receiving Supervisor for our Muskegon, MI location. Cole’s offers an excellent working environment, and a competitive pay & benefits package.
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
The Shipping and Receiving Supervisor oversees assigned areas of responsibilities and supervises hourly associates, directing work assignments and assigning duties as needed. Responsible for in-depth knowledge of shipping and receiving processes as well as inventory control.
· Associate degree in Production Management or equivalent experience.
· Two to five (2-5) years relative experience in a supervisory or similar position, preferably in food industry.
· Strong interpersonal skills for effective development and counseling of subordinates, training, orienting and motivating employees in procedures, policies, methods, and operations of equipment.
· Proficient in Microsoft Office applications.
· Must have strong problem-solving skills while being flexible with the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
· Strong written and verbal communication skills with managers, peers, and subordinates. Ability to communicate information objectively.
· Must be attentive to detail and ensure accuracy in work assignments.
· Must have the flexibility to work variable schedules, including weekends and overtime.
· Must have the ability to communicate, give direction and monitor employee performance.
· Must have over three (3) years related warehouse experience.
· Must have over three (3) years supervisory experience.
· Experience with warehouse equipment such as forklifts, pallet jacks, etc.
· Ability to lift and move boxes weighing up to 50 lbs.
· Highly organized and efficient at prioritizing workload.
· Proven ability to implement process improvement initiatives.
· Strong knowledge of shipping, receiving and warehouse operations.