Welcome to Weavers Way!
Weavers Way is a not-for-profit organization that’s doing things differently to support our local community. As a member-owned co-op, we don’t exist just to make money. Weavers Way operates on a triple bottom line philosophy known as People-Planet-Profit - which means every action we take, we strive to benefit people (our community, employees, and local vendors), planet (we strive to be one of the most sustainable places around!), and profit (so we can support our team members and operate as a business). By joining us, you’re helping us fulfill our mission of keeping dollars in our local community, supporting over 300 local food vendors, and being a part of strengthening and enriching the people and planet around us.
If you have an enthusiasm for food, sustainability, or community support, we’d love to have you join the team. Weavers Way offers a variety of benefits, including very affordable medical, dental, and vision plans, a 401k with match, an employee discount, paid vacation and sick time, company-provided disability and life insurance, and more.
Join us as our next Head of Finance!
Weavers Way has an exciting opportunity to become part of the Co-op's Executive and Leadership team as our next Finance Manager/Director. This position is key for managing the co-op's financials and participating in strategic planning for the organization.
- Plans, develops, and implements policies and programs necessary for the effective management of the co-op’s financial affairs;
- Responsible for long term financial strategies and the development of business opportunities;
- Supervises the Finance Team staff, operations, and department development;
- Directs the treasury, accounting systems, financial planning, and insurance functions of the co-op;
- Directs the maintenance of membership information systems and equity investments;
- Develops meaningful management information and reporting systems;
- Initiates and coordinates necessary and appropriate accounting policies, procedures and controls;
- Maintains the co-op’s funds and cash management program;
- Partners with HR in regards to payroll processing and financial administration of benefits;
- Directs the preparation of all co-op financial reports and budgets;
- Coordinates year end external audit;
- Provides financial guidance to the general manager, the co-op’s management team, and the co-op’s board of directors on major business decisions;
- Participates in planning and controlling growth and evaluating performance against objectives.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, or equivalent field required;
- Four years of experience in financial management required;
- Additional training and/or education in accounting, economics and finance a plus;
- Advanced degree or CPA preferred;
- Experience with and working knowledge of a retail business is preferred;
- Strong communication and team building skills required;
- Ability to work in a “consensus oriented” business;
- Familiarity and comfort with computer technology and financial software applications required; experience utilizing Sage 100 a plus.
Classification: Full Time, Salaried
Pay Range: $70,000 - $85,000