Pay: $13 - $15 hourly, depending on experience.
The Residential Assistant (RA) will provide supportive services to women recovering from substance abuse in accordance with treatment goals as determined by the resident’s treatment team. The RA will provide consistent supervision of all residents in the facility, ensuring their safety, abstinence from drugs & alcohol, and that they abide by the rules and policies of the YWCA program.
Expectations of every YWCA Staff Member:
- Uphold and promote the YWCA Mission.
- Maintain compliance with state standards.
- Adhere to established policies and procedures.
- Contribute to fund development efforts for support of all programs and the overall Association.
- Provide support to other departments and staff.
- All employees must be familiar and compliant with the policies & procedures of the organization, and follow the guidelines of the Employee Handbook.
- Respond to and resolve client issues; create and maintain high quality work environment to perform at highest level.
- Model appropriate behavior for clients: assertiveness, discipline for children, problem solving, communicating with dignity and respect.
- Provide positive reinforcement and/or re-direct clients when needed. Complete write-ups to document when program guidelines are not followed.
- Maintain accurate and appropriate records as assigned, possibly including, but not limited to: Communication Logs, Daily Entry, and Telephone Calls.
- Complete all documentation regarding tracking and reporting client progress through programs as assigned.
- Assist with site and building support, including but not limited to, maintaining medication keys, assigning rooms, monitor and respond to activity at entry doors, replace toilet paper and shower curtains, and make beds and clean facilities.
- Monitor residents’ consumption of prescribed medications. Ensure all medications have been approved and accounted for. Maintain client medication logs.
- Maintain an adequate inventory of all consumables; including but not limited to, personal items, kitchen supplies, and food at all times.
- Work as part of the overall team to ensure quality rehabilitation services to residents. Perform all duties under the lens of trauma-informed care.
- Transport clients in company vehicles, as needed.
- Check rooms and client common areas as directed.
- Perform drug/alcohol screens on any client as determined necessary or as directed by supervisory staff, charting fully all client reaction and result.
- Responsibility for client emergencies, i.e. sickness, alcohol/drug usage, etc., making referrals for clients as necessary. Notify on-call case manager of all such emergencies in complete detail. Provide Incident Report to Director prior to leaving shift.
- Assist with copying, printing and appropriately filing resident documents as needed.
- Attendance at staff meetings as required and agreement to attend continuing education workshops/seminars, CPR and First Aid Training, as required
- Comply fully with all requests from Supervisor, assist and cooperate with all staff in the performance of their duties.
- Perform any other duties as deemed necessary by the Director.