The Performance Marketing Specialist is an innovator who uses data to inform the digital strategy in all aspects of search and digital marketing. They are analytical, strategic, detail-oriented, collaborative, and informative. They perform and oversee marketing campaign implementation (including SEO), activity and improvements, followed by in-depth analysis and reporting of key performance indicators to share information and insights with the internal team and client. This person is looked upon as an adept lover of trends and all things digital who is responsible for maximizing client success.
We are open to candidates in DC, NYC, LA or remote candidates within the U.S.
KEY TASKS + RESPONSIBILITIES
- Actively participates in strategy sessions and client phone calls.
- Identifies client goals to make sure they are properly tracked and the proper channels are being utilized to meet them.
- Designs digital marketing programs for clients based on business goals, including driving ROI/ROAS, leads, and qualified traffic.
- Ensures that all digital marketing efforts are consistent and seamless across all platforms.
- Serves as an agency subject matter expert on paid search marketing (SEM), display/programmatic, paid social advertising, and SEO.
- Refines agency best practices and methodology for paid marketing, SEO reporting, and online channel management.
- Day-to-day management of digital channels on behalf of our clients, including the delivery and success of:
- Social Advertising Management
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
- Search Engine Marketing (SEM)
- Budget Management
- Lead Generation Management
- Display Advertising Management
- Manages client digital marketing budgets and makes decisions on budget allocation across all paid platforms including, but not limited to, Google Ads, Google Display Network, Microsoft Advertising, Facebook/Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest, and TikTok.
- Implements and manages strategy, structure, targeting, and building out of digital campaigns based on best practices in order to fulfill client KPIs.
- Conducts on site and off site SEO audits and provides SEO materials for implementation.
- Conducts extensive keyword research for client websites, and utilizes this to drive entire SEO strategy.
- Generates monthly client reports on marketing progress with detailed metrics and deep digital analysis to include:
- Website Performance
- Channel Performance
- Determine success metrics
- Daily usage of Google Analytics, Google Ads, Facebook Business Manager, and Excel.
- Monthly usage of Conductor Searchlight, Google Data Studio, Google Search Console, Microsoft Advertising, Twitter Ads Manager, Linkedin Campaign Manager, Pinterest Business Hub, TikTok for Business, Google Tag Manager, and more!
- Candidate must be comfortable in a client-facing role, with 2-5 years of experience working directly with clients.
- Performs daily analysis, optimizations, and reporting on campaign results.
- Analyzes and optimizes performance across device types and multiple product lines.
- Implements ad-hoc projects to build data resources to enhance reporting and deliver smart analytical insights.
- Monitors competitive landscape and stays current with social advertising, SEM, SEO and digital marketing trends.
- Works collaboratively with cross-functional teams including Creative, PR, and Content teams to enhance digital campaigns and inform strategy based on data and performance.
- Builds and fosters client relationships through proactive and informative client communication
- 2-5 years of experience in a digital role, agency experience a plus!
- Extensive knowledge of Microsoft products, particularly Excel.
- Understanding of digital advertising and current best practices.
- Google Ads Certification is a priority.
- Knowledge of Google Analytics platform and completion of the Google Analytics IQ Assessment.
- Experience with Conductor Searchlight (preferred), BrightEdge, MOZ, or other sophisticated SEO tracking tools.
- Excellent organizational, written, and verbal skills.
- Ability to multitask and pay extreme attention to detail in a fast-paced environment.
- Team player with a passion for collaboration.
- Desire to learn new things and not afraid to take risks.
- A thorough understanding of the many potential metrics as they relate to digital marketing.
- Ability to accurately translate data into actionable changes to online marketing or website content with the aim of refining strategy to support client goals.
- Experience with Google Search Console and Google Tag Manager.
- Knowledge of programmatic advertising platforms and their strengths and weaknesses.
- Experience with email marketing a plus.
- Experience with attribution modeling a plus.
- Experience in the ecommerce space a plus.
- Experience with using bid management platforms to manage paid search campaigns with large budgets / demonstrated ability to effectively manage high priority digital campaigns with annual budgets in excess of $1M – a plus.