Catania Oils is a family owned and operated business that has been around for over 100 years and through four generations. We are a leading packager and processor of edible oils located in Ayer, MA. Our Mission is to provide innovative quality products to customers in an efficient, economic, and environmentally responsible manner. We are looking for passionate individuals who continuously seek individual and organizational improvements through respect, collaboration, and teamwork. Our growth has opened up a new position as a Safety Manager to join our team.
The Safety Manager will implement policies to ensure a safe and healthy work environment by performing the following job responsibilities:
· Inspects the facility to identify safety, health, and environmental risks.
· Develops and implements inspection policies and procedures, and a schedule of routine inspections.
· Facilities safety committee meeting. Prepares meeting minutes and follows up with any outstanding safety items discussed or reported.
· Develops health and safety procedures for all areas of the company.
· Prepares and schedules training to cover emergency procedures, workplace safety, and other relevant topics.
· Monitors compliance with safety procedures.
· Drafts inspection reports to document inspection findings.
· Maintains OSHA log
· Liaison for workers compensation reporting of accidents or incidents
· Records of discharge of or employee exposure to hazardous waste and/or pollutants, as required.
· Performs other related duties as assigned.
· Knowledge of all OSHA record keeping and training requirements for a manufacturing facility.
· Knowledge of environmental regulations and policies preferred.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
· Proficient in technology and equipment used in inspections.
· Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint
Education and Experience:
· Bachelor’s degree in Business with concentration in the Safety and Health field
Three to Five years of related experience preferred in a industrial setting
· Physically able to conduct inspections and carry equipment used for inspections.
· Ability to deal with all levels of personnel and influence decision making process
· Occasional standing, bending and sitting