Alert Innovation is a growing start-up, with a mission to re-invent retailing through robotics. We secured funding in August 2016 and are seeking to hire people who love their work and want it to be meaningful, strive for excellence, and want to work in a collaborative, team-oriented culture.
Alert Innovation offers a competitive salary and generous benefits package, including an equity stake in our growing company.
Full Time, Exempt
The Office Manager at Alert Innovation will play an integral part in ensuring the day-to-day operations of the office are functional and efficient. As the Office Manager, you will be responsible for the overall maintenance and upkeep of the office and team by providing general office support. In order to be successful in this role, the Office Manager will be responsive, flexible, and proactive about determining the needs of the team members so everyone is “taken care of.”
- Managing front office activities, including answering the door, greeting and directing visitors, maintaining the reception area, retrieving and sending mail, and under guidance from the Operations Team, running shipping and receiving.
- Overseeing facilities & monitoring for problems; arranging for repairs as needed
- Managing relationships with landlord, service providers, and vendors when facility problems arise
- Coordinating the maintenance and alteration of office areas and equipment, as well as cubie layout and housekeeping of office facilities
- Championing the purchase of office supplies and furniture, office equipment, etc., for the facility.
- Supervises the maintenance of office equipment, including copiers, kitchen appliances, etc.
- Actively participating in the planning and execution of company events and in special department projects as needed
- Working closely with the safety committee to ensure office is compliant.
- Keeping office & kitchen stocked with supplies & snacks
- Performing related duties as necessary
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Comfort with a fast-paced environment
EDUCATION/RELATIVE YEARS EXPERIENCE
- Associates degree or commensurate experience, Bachelor’s degree a plus
- 5- 7 years in an Office Administrative or Office Manager position
All members of Alert Innovation practice the following values as part of their daily responsibilities and model these values as she/he leads or supports their teams.
- The Golden Rule: Extraordinarily powerful in its simplicity and depth: “Treat others as you would want to be treated”.
- The Power of Person: The contribution of every single person in a company is important, and the performance of the entire company can only be maximized when every person strives to achieve his/her full potential and to contribute to the best of his/her ability.
- The Power of Team: The Power of Person becomes amplified exponentially when a group of people working effectively as a team create “performance synergy”, whereby the capacity to perform as a team is much greater than the sum of the individual members’ capacities.
- The Power of Truth: We strive to see the world as it is, not as we want or imagine it to be, because only then can we make it better. This core value manifests itself through questioning, probing, testing, measuring, validating, verifying, proving, listening with an open mind, and making fact-based decisions. It also fosters transparency and honesty with others, as well as self-examination and self-honesty.
Alert Innovation is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.