Choisys Technology, Inc. is an ISO 9001, 20000, and 27001 certified and VA certified Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) Information Technology services provider located outside our nation's capital and in the epicenter of the Government IT industry. Choisys is an information technology infrastructure services provider with offerings in: Systems Engineering, Network Infrastructure Engineering, Video Teleconference Solutions Engineering and Program Management. Our proficiencies are Medical IT Services, Education/Training IT Services and Government IT Services.
Choisys Technology is seeking multiple candidates for a Senior Backup Administrator position in Radford, VA to support a DoD client.
• This position is for a Systems Administrator for a mixed and growing environment of various storage hardware.
• This position will work with the existing OS and Storage teams to manage, maintain, deploy, troubleshoot and support servers and storage systems and its customers.
• This position will assist with implementing new system hardware and software, and provide input for developing local operating procedures and policies as needed.
• This position will need to be adept at monitoring the ongoing operation of the systems and providing utilization reports using existing tools to identify problems and corrective actions as needed.
• This position will also need to be able to recommend, demonstrate, and implement technologies to help expand, upgrade, and increase efficiencies to the current environment.
• Five or more years' experience with Veritas NetBackup
• Five or more years' experience with MS-Windows, Solaris, and RHEL/OEL Linux environments
• Five or more years' experience creating, maintaining, following Standard Operating Procedures for repeatable processes, disaster recovery, and common problem resolution
• Three or more years’ experience supporting Cybersecurity patch management and Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIG), Security Requirement Guides (SRG), Risk Management Framework (RMF), Security Control Assessor- Validator (SCA-V), and Command Cyber Readiness Inspections (CCRI)
• Two or more years' experience with VMWare 6.x or greater
• Two or more years' experience with network communication (IP based)
• Installation and configuration experience with Windows Server 2016, Solaris 11, RedHat Enterprise Linux 7 and higher
• Experience with both Windows Powershell and Bash shell scripting Strong CLI skills
• Experience with SAN and FC networks
• Strong understanding of TCP/IP communications
• Strong documentation skills
• Strong interpersonal skills and willing to be a team player
• Required Qualifications: CompTIA Security+
• Computing Environment (CE) Certification (i.e., MCSE, Server+, CCNA, RedHat, Palo, etc.) – can be waived for 30 days after project join date.
• DOD Secret Security Clearance
Choisys Technology, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status. The candidate must have the ability to sit for long periods of time, ability to discern colors, ability to read and monitor a computer screen for an extended period, 100% requirement to work on site.