The Office Manager is responsible for directing and coordinating office services and related activities. To work effectively in this role, the individual must be a multi-tasker, with the ability to work on several requests simultaneously. The Office Manager will oversee the day-to-day activities of the office by carrying out duties such as the management of office furniture, equipment, and supplies.
• Oversee operations for two administrative offices, including office organization, supply ordering, maintenance of office furniture & equipment (copier, fax, scanners, postage meter, etc).
• Manage other day-to-day operations of the administrative offices such as recycling, janitorial services, kitchen supplies and equipment, and general repairs.
• Coordinate work space / equipment onboarding activities for new hires. Collaborate with staff and management on office space plans, including furniture layout and moves.
• Train new employees on core office functions (phones, furniture & equipment, supply ordering, parking, building access control, security, and other core functions).
• Responsible for vendor selection and management related to office operations, including set-up and maintenance of vendor service contract files.
• Maintain security, entry access, and alarm systems for administrative offices; acting back-up for over 30 residential buildings owned and managed by Bellwether. Manage key and key fob distribution and logs for administration offices.
• Assign and monitor parking space assignments for administrative office staff and collaborate with the Human Resources team on assignment of either a parking space or bus pass for employees.
• Maintain company records retention policy and ensure document destruction according to predetermined schedule. Maintain administrative office storage room and file storage.
• Coordinate and monitor conference room scheduling. Collaborate with IT to resolve conference room computer and other technical issues, including training & documentation of conference technology.
• Responsible for developing and implementing office policies by setting up procedures and standards to guide the operation of the office; ensure that results are measured against standards, while making the necessary changes along the way.
• Responsible for preparation and monitoring of Office Management budget.
• Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
• A minimum of 3 years office management experience, including vendor management and contract negotiations. Prefer experience managing multiple sites.
• Strong customer service, communication and project management skills.
• Demonstrated ability to manage multiple requests and work in a fast-paced environment. Ability to multi-task, establish priorities, meet deadlines and make sound decisions.
• Excellent organizational skills; detail oriented and accurate.
• Experience managing a budget and office supplies inventories.
• Ability to exercise discretion and maintain confidentiality.
• Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to create and maintain positive working relationships.
• Experience with Microsoft Office products, computer problem-solving skills and internet savvy.
• Commitment to the mission, vision, and diversity statement of the organization.
Other Position Requirements:
• Candidates selected for this position must pass a criminal history background check prior to employment with Bellwether Housing.
• A valid driver’s license is required for this position
Compensation: $55,000 - $60,000/year depending on experience