Cranshaw Construction is seeking a Construction Estimator to join our team of dedicated preconstruction professionals. Our Preconstruction Team prepares construction estimates at all phases of design on a wide array of project types. Working with 2D & 3D onscreen takeoff and estimating software, we have the tools needed to work smarter and consistently deliver preconstruction services that are unmatched in the marketplace.
As a Construction Estimator, your primary responsibilities include:
- Understand the full scope of the project through document review and communication with project stakeholders
- Prepare and assist in preparation of estimates during the various phases of design
- Prepare quantity take-offs
- Manage subcontractor bid solicitation process and insure adequate subcontractor participation
- Prepare qualifications and assumptions for the estimate
- Prepare and participate in business development activities, presentations and interviews
- Prepare value engineering
- Provide cost analysis of various building options
- Prepare cost comparisons/reconcile with previous estimates
- Effectively collaborate and communicate amongst internal and external team members
You Create Value by:
- Being dedicated to your role and striving to exceed project team goals.
- Maintaining a positive reputation through quality service, and proudly representing Cranshaw’s professionalism and values.
- Being dedicated to your project team - you roll up your sleeves and assist team members—no job is “below your pay grade”.
What You Bring to Us:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Construction Management or related field is preferred.
- 5+ years of experience in estimating
- Strong experience with Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience with estimating and take-off software such as Timberline (Sage Estimating), PlanSwift, Assemble Systems, Revit, Procore.
- Ability to manage time and work in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work both on a team as well as independently
- Ability to anticipate issues and take proactive measures to mitigate
- Ability to improve processes and create efficiencies
What We Bring You:
At Cranshaw Construction, we value the health and happiness of our team members and offer a wide range of insurance programs and benefits that support you and your family in cultivating a happy and healthy lifestyle. Our benefits take into consideration everything from career development to family matters, health and wellness, and future planning:
- Comprehensive and Affordable Health, Dental and Vision Plans
- Medical and Dependent Care Flex Spending Plans
- Life Insurance and LTD
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Wellness Incentives
- Company-matched 401K
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Paid Time-off