- Welcome all customers with a smile and warm greeting.
- Maintain awareness of customers and greet within 10 seconds.
- Create a personalized experience for all customers. Engage in conversation that goes beyond normal formalities .
- Know customer names and drinks, working hard to develop customer relationships 30 seconds at a time.
- Maintain a friendly, outgoing, helpful, and happy demeanor with all customers.
- Work with a sense of urgency.
- Consistently inform customers of all new items and promotions.
- Look for creative ways to upsell add-on items (flavor, whipped cream, extra shots, etc.).
- Be aware of inventory that needs to be sold and work hard to sell it.
Quality Drink Making:
- Know the full extent of Ridge Coffee’s menu and consistently make each drink with care according to the recipe.
- Work quickly and efficiently when making drinks.
- Consistently pay attention to espresso shot times and steam perfect milk according to the drink ordered.
- Pay attention to the details of drink presentation, creating the best product for each customer.
- Know the coffee and where it is from.
- Understand the meanings and significance of Certified Organic and Fair Trade coffee
Teamwork & Cleanliness:
- Be a team player.
- Show up to shift with a great attitude.
- Remain respectful, considerate, and supportive of all team members.
- Set fellow baristas up for success.
- Work hard and have fun with team on shift.
- Complete Daily and Weekly shift duties.
- Maintain a clean and organized workspace behind the counter.
Policies & Procedure:
- Arrive promptly to every shift, 5 minutes before shift start so that you are prepared for work fully when you clock-in.
- Maintain a professional and clean appearance by arriving in dress code with a clean and correct apron.
- Be aware of all Barista Updates, New Merchandise Updates, and Store Updates from your Manager.
- Count your drawers with care and strive for 100% accuracy in all cash handling.
- Be knowledgeable of all discount policies