Our mission for The Ridge cook is to ensure every guest is absolutely delighted with his or her dining experience. This is accomplished by exceeding performance standards within their five major areas of responsibilities; service, technical proficiency, teamwork, appearance, and safety and sanitation.
- Conveys a friendly attitude.
- Is quick to respond to any guest’s special request or needs.
- Demonstrates The Ridge hospitality by treating all guests with respect.
- Refers to all customers as guests.
- Observes the 6-foot rule by engaging guests within 6 feet.
- The guest receives high quality food products that meet recipe standards 92% of the time.
- Production timings meet The Ridge timing standards 92% of the time.
- Assists in food prep assignments during off peak periods as needed.
- Cleaning checklist administration results in a kitchen that is clean, well maintained, and safe.
- Food handling, holding, and refrigeration meet all local health and sanitation requirements as measured by routine health inspections.
- Handles, stores, and rotates all products properly.
- Is actively in their station at all times.
- Follows their ABC’s “always be closing” during the slow moments of the shift.
- Teamwork begins with “being on time.” In uniform and clocked in at the scheduled time.
- Is respectful of their peers.
- Each cook ensures that his or her opening checklist is completed.
- Each cook ensures that his or her closing checklist are completed in a timely manner
- Understands teamwork begins by doing your job well first and then assisting others.
- Be available to fill-in as needed to ensure the smooth and efficient operation of the restaurant.
- Communicates effectively to management and other works groups.
- Is viewed as friendly by the continuing use of their smile and positive attitude.
- Uniform appearance is crisp and clean and meets The Ridge uniform standards.
- Team member make-up and jewelry meets The Ridge uniform standards.
SAFETY AND EMERGENCY PROCEDURES
- Cook adheres to all safety standards as outlined in the safety section in the Kitchen Training manual as well as Local County Food Codes.
- Employee washes hands regularly to prevent cross contamination between items.
- Let’s their supervisor know when they are not feeling well and frequently washes to avoid all types of cross contamination.
- Understands all emergency procedures outlined in the restaurant emergency policies and procedures and is able to follow procedures in each given situation.
- Understands the knife safety policy and practices safe knife handling skills.
- Understand how to use equipment safety and maintains in equipment a sanitary manner.
VALUES, CULTURE, AND POLICIES
- All decisions and actions reflect and support The Ridge values, culture, and policies.