Since 1980, Bellwether Housing has been Seattle’s largest, and most respected, non-profit organization providing affordable housing for low-income individuals and families. Bellwether Housing offers an uplifting work environment with a diverse group of talented professionals who are committed to our mission and values of creativity, collaboration, ambition, warm-heartedness, and professionalism. We are offering a sign-on bonus of $1,000 for this position!
• Clean building common areas and grounds.
• Clean and prepare apartment units for rental.
• Complete routine general maintenance requests in building and apartment units.
• Report parts used from inventory to complete maintenance work.
• Assist site staff and other maintenance staff, responding to seasonal conditions such as clearing snow, ice, or leaves to maintain safe walkways.
• Attend scheduled team meetings.
• Assist the site staff in completing routine inspections in apartment units.
• Refer resident concerns to the appropriate staff.
• Provide residents with a safe, positive, and sanitary environment.
• Perform other tasks as assigned.
• One year of prior custodial experience in a residential setting, or two years’ custodial experience in a public or private facility.
• Willingness and aptitude to learn basic maintenance skills.
• Ability to work safely in all weather conditions.
• Commitment to the mission, vision, and diversity statement of the organization.
• Ability to bend, reach, or stoop to complete work assignments, as required.
• The physical strength, agility, and coordination required to safely handle cleaning tools and basic hand tools such as hammers, screwdrivers, snow shovels, etc.
• Ability to complete strenuous work.
• Ability to work with minimal supervision.
• Ability to lift and carry up to 50 lbs.
• Able to safely operate power tools and other maintenance equipment such as ladders, drills, pressure washers, etc.
Other Position Requirements:
• Candidates selected for this position must pass a criminal history background check prior to employment with Bellwether Housing.
• Have reliable transportation to assigned work location and, during shift, be able to reach other building locations in the Seattle area, using personal or public transportation.
Compensation: $16.75 - $21.17 per hour, depending on experience. Generous benefits.
Benefits: Bellwether Housing provides 24 days of PTO in the first year of employment for all employees working over 20 hours per week. We have a 403(b)-retirement plan with immediate eligibility for employee contributions and employer matching after 15 months of service; three medical plans to choose from, one with an employer funded HSA; dental; vision; flexible spending accounts, disability (short- and long-term); employer paid life insurance; and commuter benefits.
Bellwether Housing is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity, including the diversity of thought. We consider all applicants without regard to education, race, ethnicity, national origin, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, skills, and level of experience and encourage all qualified applicants to apply.