· Clean building common areas and grounds.
· Prepare and clean apartment units for rental.
· Complete routine maintenance requests in building and apartment units.
· Perform preventive maintenance tasks as assigned.
· Maintain minimum building inventory to complete maintenance work at the building.
· Assist the Resident Manager in completing routine inspections in apartment units.
· Refer resident concerns to appropriate staff.
· Seek to provide residents with a safe, positive, and sanitary environment.
· One year prior custodial experience in an apartment setting, or two years’ prior custodial experience in a high- volume, deadline-oriented work environment.
· One year prior general maintenance experience (carpentry, electrical, and plumbing) in an apartment setting.
· Commitment to the mission, vision, and diversity statement of the organization.
· May be exposed to hazards associated with all weather conditions.
· Ability to complete strenuous work for long periods of time.
· Ability to lift and carry up to 50 lbs.
· Must be able to bend, reach, or stoop while working in resident apartment maintenance settings and/or in unit rehab job sites, as required.
· Must possess the physical strength, agility, and coordination required to operate hand and power tools and equipment, such as ladders, drills, hammers, snow shovels, etc
· Candidates selected for this position must pass a criminal history background check prior to employment with Bellwether Housing.
· Have reliable transportation, and be able to meet all traveling requirements of the position.
Compensation: $16.00 - $17.50/hour depending on experience