Since 1980, Bellwether Housing has been Seattle’s largest, and most respected, non-profit organization providing affordable housing for low-income individuals and families. Bellwether Housing offers an uplifting work environment with a diverse group of talented professionals who are committed to our mission and values of creativity, collaboration, ambition, warm-heartedness, and professionalism. We are offering a sign-on bonus of $1,000 for this position!
• Clean building common areas and grounds.
• Clean and prepare apartment units for rental.
• Complete routine general maintenance requests in building and apartment units.
• Report parts used from inventory to complete maintenance work.
• Assist site staff and other maintenance staff, responding to seasonal conditions such as clearing snow, ice, or leaves to maintain safe walkways.
• Attend scheduled team meetings.
• Assist the site staff in completing routine inspections in apartment units.
• Refer resident concerns to the appropriate staff.
• Provide residents with a safe, positive, and sanitary environment.
• Perform other tasks as assigned.
• One year of prior custodial experience in a residential setting, or two years’ custodial experience in a public or private facility.
• Willingness and aptitude to learn basic maintenance skills.
• Ability to work safely in all weather conditions.
• Commitment to the mission, vision, and diversity statement of the organization.
• Ability to bend, reach, or stoop to complete work assignments, as required.
• The physical strength, agility, and coordination required to safely handle cleaning tools and basic hand tools such as hammers, screwdrivers, snow shovels, etc.
• Ability to complete strenuous work.
• Ability to work with minimal supervision.
• Ability to lift and carry up to 50 lbs.
• Able to safely operate power tools and other maintenance equipment such as ladders, drills, pressure washers, etc.
Other Position Requirements:
• Candidates selected for this position must pass a criminal history background check prior to employment with Bellwether Housing.
• Have reliable transportation to assigned work location and, during shift, be able to reach other building locations in the Seattle area, using personal or public transportation.
Compensation: $16.00 - $17.50 per hour, depending on experience. Generous benefits.