*Locations: New York, NY; San Diego, CA*
You are a LEADER! You want to add VALUE to your community through engagement and inclusion of MILITARY FAMILIES. You know all about harnessing VOLUNTEER support. You thrive on BUILDING relationships. You are CONNECTED to the places where you live and work.
Sound like YOU? Blue Star Families is launching in your town and we are looking for an enthusiastic Chapter Director to lead our local team! Come dream and create with us.
A day in the life:
• Drive local collaborations with key private, public and philanthropic organizations
• Recruit, retain, and develop lead volunteers as critical team members
• Design creative event initiatives and community partnership opportunities
• Deliver branded Blue Star Families programs
• Implement strategies to engage key civilian and military leaders
• Cultivate relationships with local partners and donors to increase fundraising opportunities
• Educate key community leaders using Blue Star Families’ Annual Military Family Lifestyle Survey
• Leverage social media assets to grow our membership, improve engagement and participation
To land this job:
• Have a passion for military families- love the lingo, the families, the life!!
• Love to lead teams and have a track record to prove it
• Rockstar in business development and fundraising
• Strong communication skills
• You have no problem making decisions
• Self-starter and creative thinker
• Technology- no problem!
• Commit to attending meetings around town often and potential, occasional out of town/overnight travel
• Understand that while this job offers a lot of flexibility and remote work options, you may need to work nights, weekend, and holidays as necessary to carry out key job functions
• You understand that this role is site specific
• Volunteer with Blue Star Families or have other volunteer experience
Location: Site Specific
Reports To: Senior Advisor for Chapters
Status: Full-time, Exempt