TITLE: Program Manager
REPORTS TO: Senior Program Manager
STATUS: Exempt, salaried, full-time
LOCATION: Chicago, Illinois
ABOUT ALL CHICAGO:
All Chicago’s mission is to unite our community and resources to provide solutions that ensure and sustain the stability of home. On any given night, nearly 6,000 Chicagoans do not have a place to call home. These are our neighbors and together we can ensure that we all have stable homes.
All Chicago prevents and ends homelessness through emergency financial assistance, community partnerships, data analytics, and training and research. We strengthen our community’s collective efforts to prevent and end homelessness, guided by a vision of impact, influence, and inspiration. As our name implies, All Chicago brings together homeless service providers, non-profit partners, donors, and people with the lived experience of homelessness in a strategic effort to make homelessness history in Chicago.
We bring a sense of collaboration to our work and actively seek solutions through partnership. Come work with passionate, like-minded colleagues in a supportive environment as we help end homelessness. Learn more at www.allchicago.org.
All Chicago is seeking two new Program Managers to hold primary responsibility over a program area. All Chicago plays a program coordinating role for several homeless service programs and is adding new programs in the coming months. Program Manager will work with Senior Program Manager to launch new programs, provide operational oversight of program, serve as task supervisor to coordinator and associates, as relevant, and may also provide direct supervision to these positions. The Program Manager is also responsible for scaling and directing the initiative. This includes establishing and building partnerships with key stakeholders, engage stakeholders in collaborative planning, formalizing a framework for carrying out the program, developing marketing and education materials, identifying performance metrics to evaluate the initiative, and overseeing implementation.
Program Management – 70%
- Provide operational oversight for launch and development of new programs, including establishing processes, workflows, connections to partners, program goals and benchmarks
- Supervise staff and/or direct team members to ensure successful implementation of day to day program operations
- Develop internal processes to ensure that information is shared internally within the program team so that barriers can be troubleshooted and refined over the project lifespan
- Monitor data quality of subcontracted partners by providing on-going reports and addressing issues in a timely manner;
- Complete and provide regular program reports to funders;
- Conduct program orientations and trainings for partner agency staff;
- Plan and oversee annual program audits
- In collaboration with All Chicago HMIS staff, ensure partner organizations are trained in the HMIS database;
- Ensure programmatic compliance by evaluating progress toward outcomes and conducting site visits, and maintaining relationships with partner agencies and other stakeholders;
- Convene and facilitate on-going partner meetings;
- Monitor program budget
- Collaborate with program managers at All Chicago
Continuum of Care Implementation Structure – 20%
- Act as an ambassador for All Chicago in all settings, demonstrating a commitment to the organizational mission, Emergency Fund programming and Chicago Continuum of Care system priorities.
- Responds to and addresses the concerns of various stakeholders in a professional and timely manner, including service providers, staff, government officials, People with Lived Experience of homelessness, and other community members.
- Actively participates in relevant internal and external meetings, as needed and assigned;
- Staffs and/or participates in assigned CoC committees;
- Assists in developing and leading technical assistance and trainings for various providers and stakeholders, as needed.
Administration and Other Activities – 10%
- Lead, mentor, and supervise assigned staff and interns. Conduct supervision sessions with direct reports, prepare three-month probationary evaluation reports for new hires and twelve-month performance evaluations for all direct reports.
- Develop and manages a high performing project team, ensuring succession plans are in place.
- Write position descriptions and lead the hiring, and if necessary, disciplinary and other personnel actions in accord with personnel policies, for all direct reports.
- Creates an annual professional development plan and actively works to meet identified benchmarks throughout the year.
- Demonstrate excellent stewardship of departmental and organizational resources.
- Communicate effectively with supervisors, peers, and partners in written, oral and in-person communication in both groups and at public events.
- Think creatively in the development, design, and creation of new applications, ideas, relationships, systems, and support.
- Actively participates in department, committee, and staff meetings.
- Assists with All Chicago events and other activities as assigned.
- Other duties as assigned.