TITLE: Program Associate
REPORTS TO: Program Manager
STATUS: Non-Exempt, Hourly, Full-time
LOCATION: Chicago, Illinois
Working at All Chicago:
All Chicago’s mission is to unite our community and resources to provide solutions that ensure and sustain the stability of home. On any given night, nearly 6,000 Chicagoans do not have a place to call home. These are our neighbors and together we can ensure that we all have stable homes.
All Chicago prevents and ends homelessness through emergency financial assistance, community partnerships, data analytics, and training and research. We strengthen our community’s collective efforts to prevent and end homelessness, guided by a vision of impact, influence, and inspiration. As our name implies, All Chicago brings together homeless service providers, non-profit partners, donors, and people with the lived experience of homelessness in a strategic effort to make homelessness history in Chicago.
We bring a sense of collaboration to our work and actively seek solutions through partnership. Come work with passionate, like-minded colleagues in a supportive environment as we help end homelessness. Learn more at www.allchicago.org.
All Chicago is seeking two Program Associates to serve critical roles in carrying out program support and administration. All Chicago plays a program coordinating role for several homeless service programs and is adding new programs in the coming months. Program Associates will work with a team of Program Coordinators, Managers and Sr. Managers to launch new programs, manage partnerships with providers who carry out the program work, develop best practices and peer sharing among partners, and oversee partner subcontracting agreements with an eye toward system performance measures.
Associates are responsible for activities including but not limited to reviewing and processing check requests, working with partner agencies on administrative items, assist with data tracking, providing administrative support for programs.
Program Support – 80%
- Track, review, approve and process check requests and supporting documentation for programmatic purposes. Follow-up with partner organizations to ensure all appropriate and accurate documentation is submitted and respond to calls from 3rd party vendors about check status.
- Assist with preparing materials for and facilitating partner agency site visits and partner meetings.
- Assist with preparation for and execution of internal and external audits.
- Support team with continuous quality improvement for programs, including compiling regular data reports.
- Maintain organizational files and documents in SharePoint for team meetings and projects.
- Attend meetings and webinars for the purpose of taking notes and outlining key takeaways.
- Support specific special initiatives, as assigned by the Program Manager.
- Participate in program compliance reviews of subcontracted partner agencies.
Administration and Other Activities – 20%
- Assist with disseminating relevant announcements to the CoC and the community at-large regarding CoC program-related news.
- Support the coordination and administrative activities of internal team meetings and external CoC meetings.
- Create online surveys and download survey information.
- Actively participate in monthly staff and team meetings.
- Other duties as assigned.
Successful candidates will demonstrate commitment to preventing and ending homelessness in Chicago and will have the following:
- A high school degree or equivalent and one to three years related experience in an office setting.
- Excellent skills with Microsoft Office products, especially with Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Must be comfortable handling confidential information.
- Ability to prioritize, meet deadlines and manage changing priorities.
- Ability to respond effectively to inquiries, complaints, or concerns, as presented by staff, consumers, service providers, and other stakeholders.
- All Chicago's normal business hours are 9am to 5pm. We are currently working entirely remotely and will transition to a hybrid remote/in-office work setting in the future. We will consider accommodations.
- All Chicago values a diverse workplace and strongly encourages women, people of color, LGBTQ individuals, people with disabilities, members of ethnic minorities, foreign-born residents, and veterans to apply. All Chicago is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to employ qualified individuals based on individual merit. All Chicago does not discriminate against any individual with respect to the terms and conditions of employment based on that individual’s race, sex, age, religion, color, national origin, disability, genetic information, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, housing status, or any other non-merit factor protected under state, local or federal laws. Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all personnel actions such as recruiting, hiring, compensation, benefits, promotions, training, transfer, termination, and opportunities for training. All Chicago is committed to a fair and equitable workplace where everyone is a respected and valued member of the team.
Salary is $33,600 – $47,670, commensurate with experience. Comprehensive benefits package (with some employee contributions) includes medical, dental, vision insurance, and disability. Employer-matched retirement plan. Generous paid leave.
Apply online with cover letter, resume and salary range requirements.