Tennessee Orthopaedic Alliance is the largest orthopaedic surgery group in Nashville and Middle Tennessee. TOA concentrates on the diagnosis and treatment of disorders and injuries of the musculoskeletal system which allow our patients to live their best life. Ninety plus years later we are advancing the practice of orthopaedic surgery throughout the state.
Among the responsibilities for the Medical Records Specialist:
- Prepares paperwork for scanning into patients electronic record
- Sort and deliver mail and incoming fax to each department
- Stamp outgoing mail
- Responsible for interoffice deliveries
- Reconcile daily collections; deposit money and send to bank
- Preparing hospital list
- Disability Forms: Ensure forms are accurate and release forms
- Scheduling Deposition, Medical Record Reviews
The successful candidate will be able to:
- Multitask, remain flexible and organized in an ever changing work environment, while achieving excellence in personal standards and patient experience.
- Be reliable and dependable with the capacity to be at work on time every day.
- Maintain, compile and keep proper electronic medical records in EHR for technical and statistical data collection.
- Fluently use healthcare systems, with experience in NextGen a plus, in order to navigate between PM and EHR.
- Basic knowledge of scanning and electronic medical records.
- Proficiency in use of email, telephone, voice mail, scanner, fax machine and other applicable equipment or software.
- Work may require sitting for long periods of time, and also stooping, bending and stretching for files and supplies.
- Employee will occasionally be asked to lift files, equipment or paper weighing up to 50 pounds. Position requires manual dexterity sufficient to operate a keyboard, a computer, telephone, photocopier, and such other office equipment as necessary.
- While an Associate's Degree is preferred, a high school diploma or equivalency is required
TOA is an equal opportunity employer. TOA conducts drug screens and background checks on applicants who accept employment offers