Alert Innovation is a growing start-up, with a mission to re-invent retailing through robotics. We are seeking to hire people who love their work and want it to be meaningful, strive for excellence, and want to work in a collaborative, team-oriented culture.
Alert Innovation is looking for a Software Engineer to help develop a start-of-the-art Material Control System (MCS), responsible for directing next-generation robots in an inventory management system. As a 3D UI software engineer, you will be part of a talented team of software engineers focused on developing industry-changing solutions.
- Develop graphical representation of robots traveling in 3D space
- Develop modular, well documented code
- Create software acceptance tests
- Design and document end-user acceptance test
- Participate in group discussions to share and gain knowledge
- Assist with user manuals and software documentation
- Investigate new technologies
- Excellent 3D math skills
- Knowledge of current cutting-edge graphics techniques
- Prior work on 3D related technology
- Familiar with software configuration management, defect tracking, and peer review methodologies
- Excellent communication skills
BONUS SKILL AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Experience with Atlassian software management suite (Bamboo, JIRA, Confluence)
- Previous experience working in an agile, collaborative team environment.
EDUCATION/RELATIVE YEARS EXPERIENCE
- Coursework in Computer Science, Engineering, or related area
All members of Alert Innovation practice the following values as part of their daily responsibilities and model these values as she/he leads or supports their teams.
- The Golden Rule: Extraordinarily powerful in its simplicity and depth: “Treat others as you would want to be treated”.
- The Power of Person: The contribution of every single person in a company is important, and the performance of the entire company can only be maximized when every person strives to achieve his/her full potential and to contribute to the best of his/her ability.
- The Power of Team: The Power of Person becomes amplified exponentially when a group of people working effectively as a team create “performance synergy”, whereby the capacity to perform as a team is much greater than the sum of the individual members’ capacities.
- The Power of Truth: We strive to see the world as it is, not as we want or imagine it to be, because only then can we make it better. This core value manifests itself through questioning, probing, testing, measuring, validating, verifying, proving, listening with an open mind, and making fact-based decisions. It also fosters transparency and honesty with others, as well as self-examination and self-honesty.
Alert Innovation is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.