Alert Innovation is a growing start-up, with a mission to re-invent retailing through robotics. We are seeking to hire people who love their work and want it to be meaningful, strive for excellence, and want to work in a collaborative, team-oriented culture.
Alert Innovation is looking for a Machine Vision Engineer to help design, build, and maintain vision-based solutions to complex business requirements. You will be part of a talented team of engineers that demonstrate superb technical competency, delivering mission critical infrastructure, and ensuring the highest levels of availability, performance, and reliability. Qualified computer vision software engineers will have a background in point cloud processing, cv image processing, machine learning, and production application development.
- Design potential computer vision approaches to solve complex automation problems
- Architect, implement, and optimize robust production software with high reliability, up time, and performance requirements
- Collaborate with process teams to meet varying project goals in a diverse application landscape
- Domestic and international travel may be required
- 4+ years experience - C/C++ & Java
- 2+ years experience - OpenCV or equivalent
- 2D & 3D point cloud vision application development experience
- Ability to independently develop and test production ready code
- Excellent problem solving skills - Ability to dissect complex problems and isolate on elegant, executable solutions
- Works safely and efficiently under pressure to meet aggressive deadlines
- Ability to work as part of a team with minimal supervision
- Ability to interact professionally with customers and suppliers
- Willingness & flexibility to learn and juggle multiple tasks
ADDITIONAL SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Interest or experience in Machine Learning & Neural Network applications
- GPGPU computing, CUDA, OpenGL, or openCL experience
- Experience working on Visual SLAM problem sets
- High level hardware knowledge
All members of Alert Innovation practice the following values as part of their daily responsibilities and model these values as she/he leads or supports their teams.
- The Golden Rule: Extraordinarily powerful in its simplicity and depth: “Treat others as you would want to be treated.”
- The Power of Person: The contribution of every single person in a company is important, and the performance of the entire company can only be maximized when every person strives to achieve his/her full potential and to contribute to the best of his/her ability.
- The Power of Team:The Power of Person becomes amplified exponentially when a group of people working effectively as a team create “performance synergy”, whereby the capacity to perform as a team is much greater than the sum of the individual members’ capacities.
- The Power of Truth:We strive to see the world as it is, not as we want or imagine it to be, because only then can we make it better. This core value manifests itself through questioning, probing, testing, measuring, validating, verifying, proving, listening with an open mind, and making fact-based decisions. It also fosters transparency and honesty with others, as well as self-examination and self-honesty.
Alert Innovation is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.