Avesta Housing is a nonprofit affordable housing provider with over 45 years of experience as a leader in affordable housing development and property management in southern Maine and New Hampshire. Our organization is headquartered in Portland, Maine and currently has 98 properties and 2,700 apartments in its portfolio. We have a mission to improve lives and strengthen communities by promoting and providing quality affordable homes for people in need. As a nonprofit organization, we care deeply about people – those who urgently need safe, affordable housing and those living in the homes we develop and manage. And we care deeply about our employees who work hard to support them. When it comes to our staff, we strive to create strong teams, meaningful career growth, and outstanding work environments.
POSITION SUMMARY: Assist with the management of Avesta Housing’s portfolio of affordable housing developments.
- Support Property Management division by performing essential administrative functions, including:
- Assist in processing resident re-certifications and housing applications
- Manage various contracts including both regulatory compliance and pest management
- Forward information by receiving and distributing communications, collecting and mailing correspondence; copying information
- Produces letters, memos and spreadsheets
- Posts resident notices
- Answer and routes telephone calls, conveys information both orally and in writing
- Assist in file management and other duties assigned.
- Provides resources to both applicants and residents for housing and lease compliance needs.
- Adhere to all applicable state, federal, and Agency rules, policies, procedures, and regulations at all times.
- Maintain resident confidentiality.
- Embody core values of Avesta Housing at all times.
- Must value and foster an environment that ensures respect, support and safety for all members of the Avesta community, and actively promote the expansion of ideas, perspectives, and understanding that comes from having a diverse and inclusive community.
- Recommend efficiencies or areas of improvement when relevant.
- Participate on committees as assigned.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Experience in managing multi-family housing preferred.
- Ability to travel.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to provide excellent customer service to Avesta residents, staff, visitors, and vendors.
- Excellent interviewing and communicating skills.
- Experience assisting disadvantaged populations.
- Strong math and analytical skills.
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to complete tasks on a timely basis.
- Ability to prepare contracts and monitor budgets.
- Excellent analytical and negotiating skills.
- Proficient in use of Microsoft Office products.