As a key member of the Leadership team, the Chief Operating Officer (COO) will plan, direct, coordinate, and oversee operations in the organization including Musical and other Attractions, Maintenance, Hospitality, and Golf Course Operations.
Performance is measured against the stated objectives in annual business plan with emphasis on:
- Achieving budgeted Net Operating Income, Leading and executing initiatives as set by the strategic plan, “Path to 2065”
- Leading growth in our primary and secondary profit drivers
- Leading by example, by consistently living our values.
- Collaborates with Finance, Marketing and the Development departments to build annual plan and long range strategic plan and annual budget.
- Establishes excellent communication methods across departments. Periodic reports on operations to the President/CEO and the Board of Directors
- Identifies, recommends, and implements new processes, technologies, and systems to improve and streamline organizational process and use of resources and materials.
- Establishes best practices for process documentation for all areas of the operation to improve training practices for the organization.
- Ensures that departmental decisions and project plans such as those for staffing, development, organization, material efficiency, hardware acquisitions, and facilities are in line with the organization’s business plan and vision.
- Establishes, communicates, and implements operations-related polices, practices, standards and security measures to ensure effective and consistent support and execution.
- Reviews and approves cost-control reports, cost estimates, and staffing requirements for projects.
- Presents periodic performance reports and metrics to the chief executive officer, Leadership Team and Board of Directors.
- Maintains knowledge of emerging technologies and trends in operations management.
- Identifies training needs and ensures proper training is developed and provided.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Direct reports include, but not limited to, Lodging & Food Services Director, Golf Course General Manager, Maintenance Director, Musical & Attractions Director.
- Works closely with HR to recruit, interview, hire and train management-level staff in operations.
- Ensures direct reports are executing plans and are communicating needed information throughout their departments.
- Ensures direct reports are developing proper training for their departments.
- Provides constructive and timely performance evaluations.
- Handles discipline and termination of employees in accordance with company policy.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Excellent supervisory and leadership skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Ability to communicate with passion and in a way that connects people to TRMF’s vision, mission and values.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Extensive knowledge of the principles, procedures, and best practices in the industry.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Must maintain a high level of confidentiality regarding TRMF information, guests and staff.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Logistics, Hospitality or other industry related field required; MBA preferred.
- At least 10 years of industry related experience including five years in upper management required.
- Management experience required.
This position operates in a professional office environment with a presence throughout the organization.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Must be able to lift up to 15 lbs. at times.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., this position regularly requires long hours and weekend work.
It is the policy of TRMF to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, TRMF will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.