The Director of Field Operations is responsible for managing a team within the Cable MSO business unit to meet customer expectations and designated timelines. This position supports the Field Operations team and works with other team members, senior leadership, and personnel from all departments. Also, travel will be required to meet with business partners to stand up new operations, and to help drive new business and revenue opportunities.
- Ensures efficiency, quality, and integrity in all facets of data and execution within the quote, design, deployment, construction phases to include both Inside & Outside plant work
- Maintain KPIs, metrics, and other tools for managing the department. Understands how to manage a volume of work and can scale up/down based on workload.
- Develops budget and forecasting for departmental resources and tools while identifying cost saving opportunities.
- Supports internal design teams, along with field operations teams, making sure design specifications are understood and applied for consistent and reliable practices.
- Develops, implements, and reports on quote and design-related process and technology improvements.
- Serves as the point of escalation for all prioritization and issues
- Provides quality coaching, leadership and direction to high performing Quote, Design, and field operation teams. Cultivates, pursues, and promotes a culture of continued excellence through individual and team growth.
- Manage team to meet budgets and schedules and ensure customer satisfaction.
Generate and control revenues and costs to deliver a profit to Essentia, with ultimate P&L responsibility
- Prepare and present detailed cost estimates and documentation.
- Provide back-office support for field related processes such as time management, expenses, vehicles purchase, equipment, tools, supplies.
- Help to develop new services and business relationships
- Work with sales team to understand business opportunities and field requirements
- On an as needed basis, development of regional field offices and support work requirements
- Travel will be required to work sites to meet with field resources and customers
- Ensure all safety measures and processes are being incorporated into daily work activities
- Strong interpersonal skills for interacting with customers, team members and upper management.