PUYALLUP TRIBAL HEALTH AUTHORITY, located in Tacoma, Washington is seeking an experienced Medical Assistant!
“It is the mission of the Puyallup Tribal Health Authority to provide quality healthcare and promote wellness in a culturally appropriate manner.”
We offer an outstanding workplace, competitive market based salary, and benefits packages including:
- Monday – Friday schedule
- Medical/Dental/Vision benefits – monthly premiums paid 100% for employees
- 18+ annual paid holidays
- Generous paid sick and vacation accruals
- 401(k) with annual profit sharing
- Life & AD&D insurance coverage
- PTHA is an approved loan repayment site for various programs
- Employee Assistance Program
- Excellent work/home life balance
GENERAL FUNCTION: Assist physicians and nursing staff in the preparation for and delivery of patient examinations and treatment. Provide administrative support to the Medical Clinic as required.
- Prepare patients of all ages for examinations and treatment.
- Take patient histories and vital signs, perform audiograms, vision checks, and ECGs, administer immunizations, and obtain necessary specimens.
- Perform procedures and administration of medications/diagnostic agents as delegated.
- Provide general nursing care in collaboration with physicians and nursing staff on a daily basis.
- Prepare exam and treatment rooms with appropriate supplies on a weekly basis. Clean instruments for sterilization daily as necessary.
- Assist in coordinating patient flow throughout the clinic and escort patients daily.
- Provide patient health record maintenance, medical faxing and copying, and project support as needed.
- Provide staff administrative support and back-up including answering phones, appointment scheduling, compose and/or generate letters, and mail distribution as needed.
- Prioritize incoming phone calls and ensure patient concerns are addressed
- Perform phlebotomy and basic lab testing (i.e. UA, pregnancy, rapid strep)as necessary.