Presbyterian Children’s Homes and Services is a faith-based Christian organization. We provide Christ-centered care and support to children and families in need.
As an Employer, we offer our employees a great place to work. We are striving to become an employer of choice so we are committed to creating a culture of diversity and inclusion where employees can flourish. We offer great benefits to those who we employee, including, Flex Work Culture and a Retirement Plan where an employee can receive up to 9% employer contributions, when eligible.
Working Conditions: Development activities are carried out in a variety of settings. Some functions are performed in a home office or PCHAS office environment while others occur in a donor’s home or place of business. Travel is required.
Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, Retirement Plan, Life Insurance, paid leave, Vacation time, Sick Leave, Paid Holidays (10).
This position is responsible for maximizing philanthropic support from donors who live in the greater Dallas, West Texas, and North Louisiana area. This position reports to the Director of Development located in Dallas. This position does not supervise anyone at this time.
Essential Job Functions:
· Effectively manages a portfolio of major donors and caring congregations through personal visits, phone calls, and emails.
· Raises this year’s budgeted unrestricted income goal from Individuals, Churches, Church Groups and Community Organizations in one’s core and super regions.
· Monitors progress towards stated goals using the weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual gift reports prepared by central staff in Austin.
· Documents interactions with 90% or more of one’s assigned major donors each quarter in NXT, the agency’s donor management system.
· Provides “moments for mission” at caring congregation’s Sunday worship services and speaks at mission committee meetings week nights.
· Organizes an annual luncheon which achieves 100% of an assigned dollar goal.
· A college degree in management, marketing, or a field compatible with the general skills required to accomplish the tasks of the position is strongly preferred.
· Demonstrated 2-4 years of work experience and documented success in the area of major gifts is required, while success securing planned gifts and having special events experience are preferred.
· Certification as a professional fund-raiser is desirable, but not required.
· Flexibility in interpersonal style in order to accommodate working with various constituencies.
Must hold a valid driver’s license, have and maintain a risk-free driving record. Must be willing to undergo initial and periodic child abuse/neglect, criminal history, sexual offender, and child care/elder care disqualification list screenings. As requested, must submit fingerprints for review by the state of your employment and Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI). Must undergo a pre-employment drug screen and a pre-employment physical with the results showing no evidence of communicable disease.
Presbyterian Children’s Homes and Services is a faith-based Christian organization. We provide Christ-centered care and support to children and families in need. We strive to serve like Jesus. We meet our clients where they are and treat them with respect. We focus on our clients’ strengths rather than their problems. And we encourage our clients to focus on their future rather than their past. When we do this well, we help our clients find hope and know the love of God.