Please note that this position is located at our HQ in Carmel, IN.
The Portfolio Analyst, Balance Sheet is responsible for providing broad analytical, administrative, and database support to their assigned Asset Management team. This role will provide the Portfolio Analyst with exposure to various types of real estate loan products and Asset Management procedures critical to a successful career in real estate Asset Management. Main responsibilities include the spread and review of financial statements through the proficient use of Excel and other required programs and the on-boarding of loans ensuring that loan terms and conditions are correctly input into Merchants Capital’s System of Record. The Portfolio Analyst is an individual contributor role with some client-facing communication responsibilities.
Expected Outcomes: A successful Portfolio Analyst will develop and maintain their financial statement analysis skillset and thorough understanding of reporting requirements for the loans within their team’s Asset Management portfolio.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Spread and analyze financial statements on Excel and/or the System of Record.
· Assist Asset Manager(s) with the onboarding of loans, escrows, and covenants.
· Support Asset Manager(s) in tracking of required financials from Borrowers and Guarantors.
· Provide clear and concise communication to colleagues and clients when required.
· Maintain and distribute monthly portfolio billings.
· Assist in providing loan and escrow histories as requested by clients.
· Input of disbursement requests from assigned escrows.
· Request legal documents from counsel.
· Other ad-hoc requests as needed.
Expected Experience, Skills and Education:
· Requires strong analytical skills for reviewing and analyzing financial statements.
· Requires the ability to use Microsoft Office and Outlook.
· Requires strong written and verbal communication with colleagues and clients and the ability to work collaboratively.
· Requires excellent time management and organizational skills and a detailed approach to completing daily tasks.
· Minimum of 1-3 years of relevant professional work experience with an emphasis in financial analysis, general loan administration, and/or real estate development financial management.
· Bachelor’s degree preferred but a high school diploma or GED from an accredited institution accepted with 1 to 3 years of relevant professional work experience with an emphasis in financial analysis, general loan administration, and/or real estate development financial management will be considered.
All employees are expected to contribute to the overall success of the organization by performing requested duties regardless of explicit inclusion in the job description or reasonable relation to an employee’s primary role. Additionally, all employees must understand and adhere to all federal and state laws and banking regulations and company policies and procedures applicable to assigned job responsibilities, including compliance as appropriate under the Bank Secrecy Act and Anti-Money Laundering regulations.
Additionally, all employees are expected to demonstrate the following Core Competencies:
Professionalism – acting with responsibility, integrity and accountability; demonstrating consistent trustworthiness and reliability; always remaining flexible, adaptable and willing to accept coaching; building and managing professionally healthy relationships; deliberately managing career decisions; and continually developing awareness of business-related topics.
Communication – understanding various active and passive tools and styles and their effects; and exhibiting appropriate, effective, timely use of tools and styles to connect, collaborate, facilitate teamwork and serve customers.
Work Quality – demonstrating an ongoing commitment to compliance, safety and security; executing work with efficiency, a sense of urgency and attention to detail; and displaying organized work practices and a results-oriented mindset.
Analytical Ability – navigating work-related circumstances with practical, sound reasoning; and demonstrating creativity in problem solving.
Leadership – displaying good judgment and certainty in decision making; taking initiative with job-related demands; demonstrating innovative thinking and sound planning with business practices; managing individual performance toward shared organizational goals; and thinking strategically to set and accomplish goals.
Merchants Bancorp and its affiliates and subsidiaries are committed to being equal opportunity employers. All job candidates and incumbents will be assessed based on only criteria relevant to successfully performing the job as defined in this job description and as generally accepted in the job’s relevant industries.